Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the 210hp b series reman motor going to order fire ring kit its 16,000 miles on just wondering what size fire rings to get. i assume that it being a reman that its all factory bore sizes

·
Registered
549 Posts
never heard that as a concern. just have to have the head cut and a fire ring head gasket.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why not? for future building already have the motor out and gonna put 14mm headstuds in so why not have it ringed. then the rest of the hp gains can be done pretty much in the truck

·
3,998 Posts
if your gonna DD the truck fire rings are a terrible idea. they HATE heat cycles and usually dont last longer than 20-30k miles on a daily driven truck. Personally I'd o-ring the head and be done with it, but that being said....alot of power has been made on a .020 over gasket and stock bolts/upgraded bolts....not to mention studs.

·
Registered
549 Posts
:agree2::agree2::agree2:
O rings would meet your needs also not so sure a dd needs a14mm head stud modification

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so where does a guy pick up a oring kit from my understading its just a thicker gasket and grooves cut in the head? is that it there aren't actually rings that are placed in the head are there?

·
Registered
549 Posts
You would have the head machined/cut for orings. They just put wire in the grove around each cylinder, then use a regular head gasket(thickness of your choice) then set the head on and torque it down

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Whenever someone talks about putting firerings in a daily driven truck I like to show these photos.
Daily Driven 40,000+/- miles since put in. Firerings cracked/broke went into cylinder, scored cylinder walls...

Hope this helps in your decision,
Rick

·
Registered
345 Posts
yikes? so my question here is my buddy just bought a 06 wit a oringed head and the HG is blown so does he have to replace the orings or just the gasket or r the CR diff from the 12v thanks for any advice and sorry for hijacking thread

·
Registered
345 Posts
yikes? so my question here is my buddy just bought a 06 wit a oringed head and the HG is blown so does he have to replace the orings or just the gasket or r the CR diff from the 12v thanks for any advice and sorry for hijacking thread................................

1 - 11 of 11 Posts