Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:hyper:i finally got my smarty and dipricol guages in the mail today. do not have time to install guages until this weekend but could not help myself and had to install the smarty. i set it to sw #3 for now and hopefully that should be safe. did not even have time to get on and can already tell a difference. the smarty really is the way to go:hyper::hyper:

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys give me some feedback, i just love this thing and want to be sure sw 3 is safe for now without the guages installed

·
Registered
846 Posts
You'll be fine on 3. :thumbsup

To be perfectly honest you could prolly go up to #5 with your 6spd

3 with mild TQ Mgt. is the highest recommended setting for trucks with auto trans that are stock. Like mine.....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Im in the same boat. I've had my Diprocols and Smarty for about two weeks but havent had the time to install the guages. I loaded the Smarty on 3 and took it for a ride. Then I loaded 5 just to see what it was like. I started thinking I should go back to stock until I got the guages installed so I called the guy who sold me the Smarty and asked him about it. He siad he always recomends installing the guages first but it really depends on you and how you drive if its safe or not. If you are just driving around town and not beating on it then it shouldnt be a problem. But if you are contantly mashing the pedal and throwing smoke then its probably a good idea to get your guages installed asap. He explained it like this. If you are pushing it hard enough to see a lot of black smoke, then you are fueling hard enough to start worrying about your egts. I've left mine on 3 for now and I take it easy. As soon as my guages are in Im putting it on 5 and leaving it there til I can afford a new clutch. Its all about self control.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
leaving mine on 3 also. but when i install the guages next weekend my self control is out the window. it will be on 9 and i will watch my guages. hope the clutch holds up for a while. but the best way to convince the wife i should get a clutch is when i cant go anywhere with the one i ggot. man clutches are expensive but you only live once

·
Registered
529 Posts
I run the Smarty Jr on SW#2 70hp and love it. Ive had my gauges for a month now and just waiting for nice weekend to install them or whenever I get off my lazy ***. lol

·
Registered
848 Posts
Smarty

I have put 5000 mi on my 2005 Dually while towing with Smarty on #3

more power...lower EGTs...2 more MPG

what's not to love?

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
I run my Smarty on 3 all the time and romp the hell out of it. Ive never been out of parameters on my gauges. Your safe to play with it. JMO

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. today was like getting a huge christmas gift when i was 5 years old. just made me so darn happy. one step closer to my goal of 37 inch tires and low 13s :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts