Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:party018: I have been a long time lurker of this forum and got a lot of great information from it. It is an awesome site. After reading many, many posts, I finally put a deposit down. Getting a 2012 3500 SLT crew cab dually. Buying it from Dave Smith in Idaho. Local dealer in Carson City couldn't come close, it was like they didn't want to make a deal. Driving up Thursday night and picking it up Friday.
So far they have been great to deal with, even threw in a spray in bed liner

·
Registered
918 Posts
Dave Smith motors is awesome... I drove 10 hrs to get mine, the dealerships coulnt come close where I'm at either, even after I showed them the fax of the price.
Oh and welcome to the dark side!

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Wow. I just bought mine three weeks ago from Carson Dodge and they were great. I'm a South Dakota resident so I was able to use the South Dakota rebates. Nevada rebates are a joke. I walked out at $11,000 under the MSRP. I'm also in Fallon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome

MSRP of $51620
Quoted $41700
Took advantage of the tread lightly discount ($400 off)
They threw in the spray in Bedliner at no cost. Adding the 5" steps, skid plates, slush mats, fog lights, bug deflector.
They gave $1000 more for my trade in than any local dealer and are giving me up to $200 in gas money for the trip up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Carson dodge quoted me $40400 for an ST demo and low balled me on my trade. I don't think they wanted my 2WD suburban

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Carson dodge quoted me $40400 for an ST demo and low balled me on my trade. I don't think they wanted my 2WD suburban
Maybe. I went in with cash in hand and had to walk out a couple of times too so I get what your saying. Once they ran the South Dakota rebates they got the price where I wanted it. I guess they are hit and miss. They did throw in the spray in Bedliner though,I go get that done this Friday. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to seeing that shiny new dually around town.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah yes, the dark side is strong
Been a Chevy fella since day one but that Cummins was too hard to dismiss. Bought a Freightliner ambulance in November and that Cummins is just awesome. It sealed the deal.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Same here with the chevys. I got into my first Cummins two years ago and I'll never go back.

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,417 Posts
:party018: I have been a long time lurker of this forum and got a lot of great information from it. It is an awesome site. After reading many, many posts, I finally put a deposit down. Getting a 2012 3500 SLT crew cab dually. Buying it from Dave Smith in Idaho. Local dealer in Carson City couldn't come close, it was like they didn't want to make a deal. Driving up Thursday night and picking it up Friday.
Grab a plane ticket, fly into Spokane, they will shuttle you and even buy your plane ticket. Its what I did. Just let them know you want it all ready to drive when you get there. My only gripe was I had to wait 4 hours before my rig was ready to drive. They fed me lunch via a BBQ that ran all day Saturday.

[edit]. never mind, I see you are doing a trade in, explains the drive in.

·
Registered
48 Posts
$10K off sticker seems to be the standard good deal from what I've seen in my research. I'm in the market right now and my local dealer is willing to sell for $37K on a $47K sticker price. I think I'm going to go ahead and pull the trigger soon. I can't see the justification in flying to Idaho and driving back to Texas when my particular dealer is coming off as much as the one in Idaho is. If it was a couple thousand or more in price difference, I'd do it though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I looked into Vernon dodge and dealt with Victor. He was great to deal with but I changed my mind and wanted an SLT. For me, I had to drive either way it seemed; it was too far to go to Tx and/or I had to pay for delivery which would have blown my budget. I take delivery on Friday and will post pictures once I figure out how to do it

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
i was going to go to dave smith, but the local dealer (Folsom) had the exact truck I wanted with a better price than what D. smith was going to do. saved my 3 days, a plane flight, and fuel

Now I use Carson City Dodge for service. so far they have been great. they diagnosed and fixed my fan clutch the first time, whereas Folsom said there was no problem:doh:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Grats and good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.