Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Finally! My fuel plate is MIA!

3K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  94smokin 
#1 · (Edited)
So, my buddy and I took it out this morning.. finally! To my pleasant surprise the truck ran really strong and it smoked LESS. Which is awesome, more fuel to burn and less to waste. I think because the guy had a 0 in it before and then he put the 5 in, and he didn't tune the afc (when he put the 5 in) and left it hot so when I took it completely out, it was a great pair up. Anyways, here's a video. I'm so flippin happy. I gained so much more low end power and a pretty decent difference in high end as well.

See less See more
#4 ·
Bout time. lol

#9 ·
Luckily you got that built trans.. what kind of TC & valvebody do you have in there?
Either way if it's "built", I'm sure it can handle it. ;)

#11 ·
Good chit, I remember when I yanked mine out I got on the 101 on ramp and watched the EGTs fly to 1400 pretty damn quick LOL! Definitely get some 4K governor springs in soon, they made 3X as much difference as my #8 to no plate swap.

#13 ·
There's definitely a noticeable difference between any plate and no plate. Even a 0 plate full-forward doesn't allow full travel. Some people say it does, but I don't think it's really up for debate.

The proof is in the pudding... take it out and see.

#16 ·
Very nice! All my buddies are too scared to take theirs out but ive put down 18k miles without one. I even had a weak moment and put it back it in but who really ows a diesel truck and wants to turn it down?!?!?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.