Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, my buddy and I took it out this morning.. finally! To my pleasant surprise the truck ran really strong and it smoked LESS. Which is awesome, more fuel to burn and less to waste. I think because the guy had a 0 in it before and then he put the 5 in, and he didn't tune the afc (when he put the 5 in) and left it hot so when I took it completely out, it was a great pair up. Anyways, here's a video. I'm so flippin happy. I gained so much more low end power and a pretty decent difference in high end as well.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
Bout time. lol

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
What is the down side of taking fuel plate out?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
The downside is enough power to roast your stock TC or clutch. :hehe:

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha that's true! The downside is if your truck can't handle it.. :rof

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Luckily you got that built trans.. what kind of TC & valvebody do you have in there?
Either way if it's "built", I'm sure it can handle it. ;)

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Good chit, I remember when I yanked mine out I got on the 101 on ramp and watched the EGTs fly to 1400 pretty damn quick LOL! Definitely get some 4K governor springs in soon, they made 3X as much difference as my #8 to no plate swap.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
How much difference is there between no plate and the #100 that I have in there now? Not much right?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
How much difference is there between no plate and the #100 that I have in there now? Not much right?
There's definitely a noticeable difference between any plate and no plate. Even a 0 plate full-forward doesn't allow full travel. Some people say it does, but I don't think it's really up for debate.

The proof is in the pudding... take it out and see.

·
Registered
5,043 Posts
I'll take your word for it....it'll come out this afternoon!!

·
4,002 Posts
There's definitely a noticeable difference between any plate and no plate. Even a 0 plate full-forward doesn't allow full travel. Some people say it does, but I don't think it's really up for debate.

The proof is in the pudding... take it out and see.
I usually dont even continue listening to people at that point.....The plate has one purpose in life, limit rack travel. If the plate in question doesnt limit rack travel..........why is it even in there. I keep a 0 plate in my truck for the sole purpose of being able to cut the fuel down when I have to pull a decent sized trailer....but other than that I have no use for a plate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice! All my buddies are too scared to take theirs out but ive put down 18k miles without one. I even had a weak moment and put it back it in but who really ows a diesel truck and wants to turn it down?!?!?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts