Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The down side was I happen to be hooked to a 5k dump trailer with a bit of garbage in it. Kinda caught me by surprise we had been driving side by side for a few lights. then we got to the last one leaving town and He nails it, spun his tires, so i punched it, he had a standard, so grabbing a gear I got back up to him and started passing. Not thinking he was going to go more. He did, so I did as was quite pleased when I finally got it to lockup I was able to pull on him. He had an exhaust and some type of programmer cause he was smoking pretty good too. No trailer he would have been crying, maybe was anyway.
Its funny no one ever tries to race me when I am alone, only with my wife there. Hard to enjoy the kill when she saying enough now, ok thats good, you can stop.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Good work.:thumbsup

·
Registered
529 Posts
Nice. I bet the d-max guy wasnt very happy. :rof

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
nice run regardless.:thumbsup

·
Registered
327 Posts
It's a shame that the only time I've been side by side with a dmax with open road in front of us (he even had the bully dog emblem on his door:rof) I was just driving next to him through a green he looked at my truck grinned said something to his buddy and didn't keep up when I sped up a little so I just put the hammer down and showed him what a real truck can do.:peelout

·
Registered
215 Posts
:peelout:lol3:

·
Registered
793 Posts
i want some duramax now :lol3::rof:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
Any Duramax kill is always a good kill.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was surprised I did not only keep up but was pulling in him. I had my predator on extreme and this new TC really works nice. I thought maybe I had screwed up bad by letting him grab some gears but it was all good.

I will say this was not a brand new D-max. I was guessing it was one of the first to come out by the style of the truck.
I am still chuckling,
kinda silly what will put a smile on ones face.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Pure B.S. You must have been running a 6.5 or a max that was in limp mode and a driver with only one leg..

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Pure B.S. You must have been running a 6.5 or a max that was in limp mode and a driver with only one leg..
Wow, somebody is a little hostile! What gives?

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
It just seems to be an odd story... what does an emtpy 5k dump trailer weight? 1500lbs or so?

So a heavier truck (Dodges generally have a higher curb weight than anything with a Duramax in it) with a few 'minor' mods (provided that the signature is correct) towing a trailer beats an empty truck that is traditionally faster when both trucks are empty...

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
Its funny no one ever tries to race me when I am alone, only with my wife there. Hard to enjoy the kill when she saying enough now, ok thats good, you can stop.
:lol3:

Great Kill !!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have never raced a Duramax, seems like the only guys who wanna race are other cummins owners.. What s the deal with that?:popcorn:

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have never raced a Duramax, seems like the only guys who wanna race are other cummins owners.. What s the deal with that?:popcorn:

Flowerpokes and Maxipads know better. The only thing that can beat a cummins is a cummins.:lol3:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Flowerpokes and Maxipads know better. The only thing that can beat a cummins is a cummins.:lol3:

You may be right, but I know there are a few fast Duramaxs around here.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
thats why i have this on my drivers side window...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts