Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Clutch and gauges done....Went with a Centerforce DFX....great clutch....its like driving a whole new truck..and it is seriously grabby. :D made me laugh when I almost stalled it after picking it up.

Went with Autometer Phantoms, Boost, pyro and Fuel Pres. They turned out great, but now that I am watching my suel pressure I am a little worried.....a while back I had the stock pump go out on me, so I had warranty fix it and it was replaced with the in tank pump. :CRY: I was told it is supposed to be a high volume pump, not high pressure.... at WOT with a 8k# load, I haven't seen below 4lbs fuel, but....I don't know if thats enough.

Should I put an inline pusher to help the intank? or am I ok?

Next is I have only seen 25lbs boost....with a superchips and boost fooler, is that right?

And Pyro hasn't gone past about 1200, but that was a long steep hill with a load.

Sorry for the long post guys, but now that I have gauges I am not seeing the numbers I expected.

Thanks in advance!:peelout

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
The FP is too low IMO. I think 10 PSI is the lowest I would be comfortable with.

You mention a boost fooler, it blocks the overboost so you don't code. Do you also have a boost elbow? Or, have the wastegate pressure line pinched off?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no elboy, just the boost fooler plugged in....thats all? its an 02...what else can I do?

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
we need to get the boost up in that thing LOL

·
Registered
247 Posts
Where is your pyro located pre turbo/post turbo, get a boost elbow psi will go up, lose the in tank pump speaking from experience, I am still having trouble bypassing the crappy intank pump system, I have fass but would have been way better off if dodge didn't do the intank pump. Talked to diesel shop yesterday actually and they said now lower than 8psi. hope this helps. Also do you have mechanical or electrical fuel press. gauge. I am going to go with mech. supposed to be more reliable.

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Here is a reference on tying the waste gate closed.

CumminsDatabase.com :: Waste Gate Mods

As indicated, this mod *may* lower EGT's, but won't give you more power. Gotta add fuel to get power.

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
he plans to stick some like stage 2 or 3 jammers in it pretty soon dad

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
I see now he has a 5 speed as well, so he will need a boost elbow.

The link above is for the HY35 turbo on the autos..

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
I was surprised that the kit he got for the boost fooler did not come with a elbow because mine from BD did,,

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yeah I agree my comp came with the elbow.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
strange, all I got from BD was the electrical plugs that go between the MAP and Factory Harness......I have injectors coming......probably in a few weeks.....but yes I would like to see some higher boost numbers and slightly lower EGT's. Suppose I will also look at an airdog system or something of the like.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh...and the pyro is mounted on the exhaust manifold just before the exhaust housing on the turbo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I plugged off the wastegate line, and I have seen 31lbs of boost at the highest, and it does seem to have dropped my EGT's 100-200 degrees at cruising speeds....

Now just have to deal with the fuel issue.....*sigh*

1 - 13 of 13 Posts