Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Finally got my first CEL, YAY!!!!!!!!!!

1048 Views 9 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  nated6.7
Hello All, I'm new to the forum and I'm finally posting after reading for quite awhile.

I have an '07 6.7L 3500 DRW 6SP AT, that is bone stock. I bought the truck used with about 18K miles on it, I now have 26K trouble free miles until today.

That said, I called the dealership this morning to make an appointment to bring it in to check out the CEL, and without even telling the service advisor if I had any noticable problems she immediately proceeded to tell me it probably needed the DPF and EGR cleaned and possibly the turbo. Which I found sort of amusing considering I didn't say anything was even wrong, just had a light on.

I thought I may have just gotten a good one compared to some of the horror stories I've read on here that some guys are having.

Anyway I plan on getting them to reflash the ECM to the latest code while it's there, I would appreciate any advice ya'll could give me on what else may need to be checked while I'm there. Thanks
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,553 Posts
Items to check

My first thoughts are the steering recall for all 2007 trucks, And the h46? recall for the EGR dash pad(Fire Hazzard) I am sure others will add to this list.

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
High idle enable

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
You shouldn't need to ask for anything. The CEL will generate a long list of updates for your truck. Dodge has gotten to the point of just doing the full list to 'get er done.' I guess they just got tired of doing the cheap fixes and having the truck come right back.

I'm considering putting back to stock and taking it in to get the latest flash. I've heard good things about it. :thumbsup:

· In Memoriam
3,718 Posts
You shouldn't need to ask for anything. The CEL will generate a long list of updates for your truck. Dodge has gotten to the point of just doing the full list to 'get er done.' I guess they just got tired of doing the cheap fixes and having the truck come right back.

I'm considering putting back to stock and taking it in to get the latest flash. I've heard good things about it. :thumbsup:
Hey dad or you could save yourself a couple hours of work and just find someone with a smarty and have them load it and unload it. That would leave you with the latest flash available also. :thumbsup:

· Retired Old Fart!
10,495 Posts
Hey dad or you could save yourself a couple hours of work and just find someone with a smarty and have them load it and unload it. That would leave you with the latest flash available also. :thumbsup:
It is an idea.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the advice guys, The service advisor seemed pretty confident about the latest and greatest flash they're using, and in a round-about admitted that what they were trying before was not that great

One more question, did the steering recall apply to 2WD trucks, or was it a problem only on 4WD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.