Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Bought this truck about a year ago as a second vehicle. Always wanted a 2nd gen 4x4 dually. A buddy of mine is building this bed for me in my shop. After its complete ill have it powder coated. Just wanted to share it and comments welcome. thanks!

Attachments

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
lookin good man, bet it will look real good after its powder coated!

-Jordan-

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Looking good try to get some bigger pictures! What thickness metal is he using?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill try to make the pics larger. The floor is 1/8 and the rest is 11ga. very stout. He built the tail light boxes today, tomorrow the side tool boxes.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
About how much is all the metal costing you guys out there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 1/8" tread plate was around 115 for a 4x8 and the smooth was around 100 a sheet.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
Powder coat is nice but after Line-X I'd have a hard time going back to powder, especially with the newer color matched Kevlar top coat from Line-X. I'd color match the sides to the truck and do the deck in black. Just my two cents...
I would agree i love the line-x with kevlar overcoat on my road armor bumper, holds up sooooo good. If you got the money id say go for it, but it would cost an arm and a leg to get that whole flatbed line-x'd with the kevlar coat.

-Jordan-

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Nice bed. Any chance he wants to come to WY and build one?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Are you gonna put any lights up top or just the very back?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looks good. There is a one running around here with a bed like that. Here is mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Are you gonna put any lights up top or just the very back?
The headache rack will have two red and two clear oval lights. LEDs of course!! Thanks for the compliments guys! I will be posting more pics tomorrow, ill try to make em bigger. I cant believe how good the side tool boxes turned out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts