Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S&B came out with a 52 gallon replacement tank for 13-19 Crew Cab...
SHORT box trucks. I’ve read every single thread on what to do for auxiliary fuel and, while an RDS in bed tank yields the most fuel for the cheapest price, having an oem like finish with all my bed space is well worth the money.

Mine is getting installed December 30th. Let me know who wants updates.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I will be subscribing to this thread to get updates!!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
There's been a couple threads mentioning these. I'd like to hear how you like it.

Edit: Where did you purchase it?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I am real curious how they handle the fuel gauge and DTE calculation to know if they remain relatively accurate.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I am real curious how they handle the fuel gauge and DTE calculation to know if they remain relatively accurate.
They don't. Its just a tank replacement.

R.K.
Somewhere I read they use a different sender but same arm, or vice-versa to keep the gauge accurate. Not sure what happens with the DTE, though.

·
Registered
484 Posts
That is now on my short list, will be following for updates!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Somewhere I read they use a different sender but same arm, or vice-versa to keep the gauge accurate. Not sure what happens with the DTE, though.
DTE is adjusted using EZ Link according to their video on their site. But they were demonstrating it on a FORD truck. I don't know if this option is for the Ram's. I don't want to delete my truck just to add this tank and revised DTE.

R.K.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
DTE is adjusted using EZ Link according to their video on their site. But they were demonstrating it on a FORD truck. I don't know if this option is for the Ram's.

R.K.
I just read that on a vendor's site as well. I wonder if alfaobd can help with that.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad to hear so many are interested, and I may very well be the first one on here with one, which I kind of find super exciting. I WILL KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!
And any questions please ask away at any time!

There's been a couple threads mentioning these. I'd like to hear how you like it.

Edit: Where did you purchase it?
DG’s Pro Tech. Awesome Diesel shop near me. $1700 on the tank cdn, $225 (2.5 Hours) install.

As has been mentioned, via ezlync it can be adjusted. You don’t have to be deleted as I am not, though I am compliant tuned via EFI Live.
The best part is the shop I’m going to has ezlync and efi so I had to buy neither device and they will take care of flashing it.

That is now on my short list, will be following for updates!
I’ll keep you, and everyone else, up to date!

Nice! Is that a drain on the left side ?
Well...yes? Great for adding a transfer pump to machinery or installing a sump pump which I will likely do

DTE is adjusted using EZ Link according to their video on their site. But they were demonstrating it on a FORD truck. I don't know if this option is for the Ram's. I don't want to delete my truck just to add this tank and revised DTE.

I spoke with my shop owner, who spoke with S&B, and YES it will work on a Ram and NO you don’t have to delete. Dealer can tell you went in and changed it but is that a big deal?

R.K.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow I am impressed, the wonders of 3D CAD software, that tank would have been impossible to design without it.
I am keeping track of this thread.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Glad to hear so many are interested, and I may very well be the first one on here with one, which I kind of find super exciting. I WILL KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!
And any questions please ask away at any time!

DG’s Pro Tech. Awesome Diesel shop near me. $1700 on the tank cdn, $225 (2.5 Hours) install.

As has been mentioned, via ezlync it can be adjusted. You don’t have to be deleted as I am not, though I am compliant tuned via EFI Live.
The best part is the shop I’m going to has ezlync and efi so I had to buy neither device and they will take care of flashing it.

I’ll keep you, and everyone else, up to date!

Well...yes? Great for adding a transfer pump to machinery or installing a sump pump which I will likely do
I see you're in Ontario. I'm in Alberta. Nice to see how much this costs. Did you bring the tank in or did the shop do it?

R.K.

·
Registered
6,003 Posts
S&B came out with a 52 gallon replacement tank for 13-19 Crew Cab...
SHORT box trucks. I’ve read every single thread on what to do for auxiliary fuel and, while an RDS in bed tank yields the most fuel for the cheapest price, having an oem like finish with all my bed space is well worth the money.

Mine is getting installed December 30th. Let me know who wants updates.
If a person really uses their short bed, an in bed tank is a pain.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts