Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with my ADR on at all, my truck spikes the boost very very quickly, and starts defueling around 32 psi in order to spare the turbo. I normally dont drive very hard, but I cant even really get into the skinny pedal without topping out boost. I may just be at the point where a bigger turbo is a must, but I was thinking there might be a way I could tune the ADR to allow a broader power curve, not quite so sharp? TIA

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
The Adrenaline was all my stock turbo wanted. Much less the ADR and 100hp sticks.
You also have a smaller turbo than I did too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
yea your running the smallest turbo that came on these trucks and then putting 100 sticks and an aggresive box on top of it. your gonna need a different turbo.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
with my ADR on at all, my truck spikes the boost very very quickly, and starts defueling around 32 psi in order to spare the turbo. I normally dont drive very hard, but I cant even really get into the skinny pedal without topping out boost. I may just be at the point where a bigger turbo is a must, but I was thinking there might be a way I could tune the ADR to allow a broader power curve, not quite so sharp? TIA
Wow.. lol I just had the same issue with my hy35!! Your wastegate is stuck shut bro!! I'd start the search for a new turbo. Mine lasted about 3 months like that. www.DieselAutoPower.com Hooked me up with a cheap upgrade!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
I'd say get a super b single or a 62/65. 32psi is the max I would push a hy35, but I think they're too small for a diesel truck anyway. Match the turbo to the injectors and you'll enjoy it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts