Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my local auto parts stores are really bending me over on fuel filter prices so I am thinking of ordering filters from Genos. Fuel filter is $16 where as in town at NAPA its $29. Im going to order two filters and was wondering what else you guys think i should order maintenance wise. I have plenty of oil filters. I was thinking Prefilter screen and stuff. Also where is the best place to get a BHAF for cheap. NAPA wants 84 Bucks for it.

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I might just do that, But I use fuel from our farm tank which right now isn't the cleanest, (we are getting a new tank this spring) so this is why i change filters quite a bit.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I think im going to order my filters through fleet filter.com as I can get two fuel filter and a BHAF for about 90 bucks. Which in my book isn't bad. What do yall think?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Well I think im going to order my filters through fleet filter.com as I can get two fuel filter and a BHAF for about 90 bucks. Which in my book isn't bad. What do yall think?
I get Fleetguard filters at a local heavy truck shop/dealership, they have good prices. Have you checked any local truck shops?

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well we are waiting till we empty this tank then the new tank is coming. Should be here in two weeks, and the new tank is getting a nice filter setup.

Anyways do you guys think a BHAF is a waste of money?

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
Anyways do you guys think a BHAF is a waste of money?
Not if you have 600+ hp.
The stock box will easily support less hp with just a freer flowing drop in filter.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I didn't have pyro or any gauges before the bhaf to tell if there was any improvement on my own truck but from what I read on here, a bhaf isn't necessary to means for more power at lower hp level but it helps with egt a little bit which is nice. I can test this theory by swap it back to stock and test drive to see if my egt go up and/or boost go down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts