Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

fighting a repair shop

852 7
My injection pump went out while traveling across country,and had to get my truck fix at a shop(1st time ever I'm 35). I belive I got screwed. Do I contact the BBB, DMV, get a lawer. your advice is apprecited.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
2,153 Posts
All depends on what happened to make you think you need to report them. Need a little more background on this one.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Estimated @$2670 ended up being $3515. Took them 8hr/2days more then they said (that's 2 more nights in a hotel.
Broken bolts left in timing gear. Draind my tank cause it had biodiesel in then charged my $3.77 for 20 gal(I told them not to). Charged for timing pin, got my old one back broken. Found 5 fuel leaks, still chasing down more. Upper rad hose rubbin on injection pump. Truck is low on power, poor mpgs, missing at 1400-3000 rpm. MIssing fan schrod bolt. Broken coolant res. I think that covers it.

· Registered
9,910 Posts
you got worked over hardcore!

first things first, have you contacted the shop and told them the whole story and demand a refund?

If not, i suggest that as the first step, if they will not settle this like a civilized person, then its time to talk to the BBB and a lawyer

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, first thing I did. They are on the defence. They want me to bring it to them to check it out. I don't trust them to touch it. I think I might know more about this moter then they do. Roadway in Wells, Nevada(it's a big rig shop).

· Registered
4,642 Posts
documentation is key every problem very phone call and who u talked to at what time on what day. cover everything and u have got them by the coin purse and rocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.