Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just took my tank down to check to see if it had clogged screens, my low fuel pressure light came on so I figure that should be the first thing to check. After 10 years & 168,000 miles, it was clean as a whistle. I was amazed! Ended up changing my fuel pump, problem solved for the most part except!

My questions, how do the Chrysler style fuel clips come apart & the electrical connection as well. I didn't want to force them because I was unfamiliar with them. Not sure how I did the connection at the fuel pump, got lucky. Please explain the disconnect for both.:thud:

My fuel gauge is not working so I will have to get back under the truck & lower the tank enough so that I can first check my connection. Hoping that's it, because low fuel light is also on. I have over 20 gallons of fuel in the tank. Worked fine before I disturbed it.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
242 Posts
Hi all,

Just took my tank down to check to see if it had clogged screens, my low fuel pressure light came on so I figure that should be the first thing to check. After 10 years & 168,000 miles, it was clean as a whistle. I was amazed! Ended up changing my fuel pump, problem solved for the most part except!

My questions, how do the Chrysler style fuel clips come apart & the electrical connection as well. I didn't want to force them because I was unfamiliar with them. Not sure how I did the connection at the fuel pump, got lucky. Please explain the disconnect for both.:thud:

My fuel gauge is not working so I will have to get back under the truck & lower the tank enough so that I can first check my connection. Hoping that's it, because low fuel light is also on. I have over 20 gallons of fuel in the tank. Worked fine before I disturbed it.

Thanks,
Dave

if they are like fords clips they require a special tool. you have to put the tool on.. push the lines together.. push the tool in then pull out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts