Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats a normal oil pressure? mine hovers on the high end of the meter when I first get it goin (below 110 but on the high notch) but after awhile and at idle it'll go back down to 40.

do the 99s have the KDP?

my engine says the 5.9 215...does that mean it has the 215 hp pump? if so what is my torque rating?

whats the best lubricant to use in my fuel? and how often should I use it?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump...still have a few questions

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
whats a normal oil pressure? mine hovers on the high end of the meter when I first get it goin (below 110 but on the high notch) but after awhile and at idle it'll go back down to 40.

do the 99s have the KDP?

my engine says the 5.9 215...does that mean it has the 215 hp pump? if so what is my torque rating?

whats the best lubricant to use in my fuel? and how often should I use it?
Oil pressure varies by temp, RPM, oil type and oil wear. You numbers sound "normal".

They started using updated cases in '99. However, the only way to know if you need the tab is to pull the cover and check it. This applies to all trucks through the 2002 model year.

Yes, the factory rated crank HP for that truck is 215HP. Can't recall the torque off the top of my head. Was thinking around 460??

I never use fuel conditioners or lube. Some say they help, but there is no scientific data to prove they do. You may see a slight mileage increase however.

Dave

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
:thumbsup:460 is the number.

I use 1 ounce of TWC-3 2 stroke oil per gallon of diesel. Truck run quieter, I gained about .5 mpg, and it gives me peace of mind the pump is lubricated. As far as scientific evidence to support using it, :confused:.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
2 stroke oil in the fuel help lube the injection pump. 1oz to 1 gallon of fuel.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I use lucas fuel additive. Lubes the IP and I gained mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts