Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Fender flares ...... And pics

17594 Views 24 Replies 22 Participants Last post by  paulm85
I just ordered 35's for my truck and was definitely thinking about getting some fender flares to protect my paint but I am still undecided as to which ones I want. So I was just cuious what kind you guys are using and if you have any pics of them installed? Thanks in advance
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
2,312 Posts
Bushwacker extenda flare..
Those are 33x12.5.. wheels are 17x9 with 4-5/8 back spacing to give you a coverage idea

· Registered
302 Posts
I have a set of bushwacker pocket flares. But I don't think they make a difference in keeping junk off the side of my truck. Bigger tires are going to throw whatever they want, wherever they want. But they keep my 13.5 wide tires from stickin out too far

· Premium Member
197 Posts
Stovetop...Thank You! for the pics of your truck...I am going to be installing the pocket flares on my truck, which is the same color as yours, and have been debating whether or not to paint them silver...Thanks to you my question has been answered...they look really good black...Nice truck! Thanks again.

· Registered
1,776 Posts
I have seen the bushwacker pocket styles painted to match on silver trucks and they look very sharp!:party018: If you want a few more pics I'll try to post some up of my truck later today bud:thumbsup:

· Registered
197 Posts
My 06 truck came with the Bushwhacker Pocket flares. They look nice, but I don't like the fact that they are not taped to the body. They can fill up with dust, moisture, mud, salt spray, and I think they will eventually rub the paint off.
I put the factory Dodge flares on my 98 and they used a screws on the inside and 3m tape around the rest.
Anyone know of flares like that currently? I am thinking of changing mine, but havn't looked into it yet.

· Pipeliner
767 Posts
well this is the dually with the flares on their, ya i know im going with 35's on the next set of tires!! lol

· Premium Member
6,781 Posts
As said above, BW flares will eat through your paint eventually, my ATS are taped along the entire surface where the flare meets the paint.

· Registered
695 Posts
i have extend-a-flares. their forsale or trade though

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.