Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:CRY: If you wait for either one you'll die.

This Thursday started a short trip 341 miles with my 3 wk old 2500 w/ 2000 miles towing an MT trailer 3000#. Half way through trip made pit stop, came out big puddle under truck -called Customer Assistance -took 1/2 hour of back and forth on paying for a hotel. Transfers me to road side assistance. Sending wrecker -wait over hour. Truck arrives. Wrecker not heavy duty enough to lift truck. Finally got it loaded. Takes me to a (literally) 1 horse town dealer. Closed -time1830 hrs. Luckily someone was there. Asked for rental car they won't authorize it -so I called dealer I bought from 200 miles away they authorize. Drove 20 miles to get food and motel ( also has decent sized Dodge dealer there) Next morning go back to "Hootersville". Sevice tells me that a short hose that goes from EGR to cooler has pin hole in it- but nobody has it- will have to order -earliest next day but most likely Monday. Asked how do I get home. Hooterville dealer looks at me like a deer in the headlights.
Call purchasing dealer- said will send rental from town 20 miles away. Told them need truck so I can get the trailer back. No problem xcept don't tell rental place you are going to tow something. Rental agency comes and gets me ( 1 hour wait) and takes me back to other town, fill out paper work- turn around there is a Dakata waiting. Go around rear of it, it doesnt have a tow receiver but does have hole in bumper for small shaft ball. I knew I had a smaller shaft ball in my truck but wasn't sure how small, so take truck -drive 20 mi back to "Bugtussell". Where I find my ball won't fit. Call my dealer they authorize to rent truck from u-haul -call uhaul no trucks with larger ball -call another uhaul same story. Call dealer back I said why don't you send up a wrecker and get me truck and trailer. Response Chrysler won't authorize it. I lost it.
Tried to explain with the money they had already spent they could have towed me there and if Chrysler didn't authorize my lawyer would be calling them. Response Chrysler warranty doesn't cover long distant towing. I responded I don't care if it does or not by the time I lawyer them to death it would be cheaper to send wrecker. Told me he would call me back in 20 mins. Waited 25- no call. Went out to lot hooked up my trailer to my truck loosened radiator cap to keep pressure off. Took off, drove 200 miles without a problem.

I was so pissed I had decided, that once I got to my distination, I was going to call my dealer tell them to come and get the truck and cut me check for what they would give me for it. Lucky for them about 30 minutes into my departure I got a cell call it was my dealer telling me that a wrecker was getting ready to leave I told him don't bother I was in a wrecker I had hired myself. ( LIL fib to protect my warranty)

Called dealer this AM they came and got truck and gave me a rental. All of this for a $10 part.

If I had waited for Chrysler I'd still be in Hootersville wearing the same clothes for 2 days. Sorta reminds me of New Orleans and those waiting for FEMA.

I must commend My Dealer- Don White Timonium MD but for Chrysler and the other dealer:thud:

And they wonder why they lose money???????:$:

·
Registered
419 Posts
yea FEMA didnt come through with anything for my family. we lost everything, had no flood insurance, and still got nothing. we didnt sit around and wait for the government to save our asses but it is frustrating to see all the people who did nothing to help them selves be taken care of hand over foot while we struggle to make life work after losing everything we have ever owned.

J-Mo

·
Registered
343 Posts
where did it happen at triple d

·
Registered
151 Posts
yea FEMA didn't come through with anything for my family. we lost everything, had no flood insurance, and still got nothing. we didn't sit around and wait for the government to save our asses but it is frustrating to see all the people who did nothing to help them selves be taken care of hand over foot while we struggle to make life work after losing everything we have ever owned.

J-Mo
I hear ya.
Don't wait on anyone to help you ever. Do it yourself and you know it will get done. We got hit by three hurricanes in 2 years in Florida and there were people waiting to get help and people that helped themselves. Pretty much the same people that were waiting for help were in the welfare lines as soon as they opened.

Calling the dealer and yelling at them goes nowhere. I would have paid for a wrecker in the first place and rode along back home then sorted the bill.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Broke down at the rest stop mile marker 6 east on RT 68 Garrett County MD towed truck to Accident MD then I drove it to my old home in Balto MD. I am in the process of moving to Spencer WV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts