Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well boys the FBD 5" kit and grid heater delete went on this weekend on top of the icebox intake and the BD elbow from JBarker. I'd just like to give a shout out to both Gus and John for supplyin both quality parts and excellent service.

I cant speak to EGT's or boost (no gauges) or 1/4 mile times but the combonation of all these mods have bumped me up over 3 mpg's on the lie-o-meter (23 on the highway comin back to the eastern shore from baltimore md). granted, not many of us have faith in our internal computers, but I think we can assume they are gonna be accurately inaccurate (if that makes sense). Regardless, point is...
everything looks great. sounds even better. and it's saving me money on the road. kudos to those guys.

AND THANKS TO ALL THAT HAVE HELPED OUT WITH THE THE PROJECTS SO FAR. if it weren't for you guys the stuff would still be sittin in my gpops garage or I'd be payin out the a$$ to have somebody do it for me

Here's to it :beer

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
It's always great to see a truck come together. Thanks for supporting the Cummins Forum vendors. :thumbsup

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea everything seems to go together fine...it's gettin it apart that's thats the problem...that is, this darn silencer ring! I think Im the only guy on this forum that cant pry her loose...aka retarded.

·
Registered
203 Posts
ohh the silencer ring was a pain just give it hell it will come out... good to know that the install went well

·
Diesel Head
1,546 Posts
Love my FBD's 5" exhaust... way quieter than I expected and that's a good thing for these old ears.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ohh the silencer ring was a pain just give it hell it will come out... good to know that the install went well
Yea aside from my cousin not tightening up the last bracket and me findin out 20 miles down the road when i could hear the rattle :kill:

other than that went great!

as far as that silencer ring, they say 3rd times a charm but this was the 4th usin every little gadget i could find in the garage with no luck. im just tryin to get barkers icebox to sing a little more :thumbsup

thanks again to all yall that helped out
whats next?!:hyper::$:

·
Registered
866 Posts
Grab the ring with some needle nose and yank it out. Mine came right out after I got pissed at it.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
When I removed the ring on the stock turbo, I used an icepick and just kind of wedged it under one of the open ends of the retainer ring. It popped right out after just a little compression; flew out actually. Here is a good description..

CumminsDatabase.com :: Silencer Ring

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grab the ring with some needle nose and yank it out. Mine came right out after I got pissed at it.
I was thinkin more along the lines of a jackhammer...

Did that Intake elbow make any difference? I have been looking at the AFE and the CFM, but just seen the BD.
I don't think it makes much difference by itself, but with the combo of mods you definetly noticie it. Since you have a stage 2 intake and exhaust, I think it would be a good idea. 3rd gen OEM intake elbows are real restrictive and a lot of guys on here have seen HP increases. I was lookin at the BD and CFM but went with BD cuz I didn't like the ideas of a carbon fiber piece under the hood. id go with the BD and a grid heater delete to get max air flow. FBD makes a good one. jbarker gave me a good price on the BD elbow as well :thumbsup

ricketts:beer

1 - 15 of 15 Posts