Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a FBD 5" turbo-back exhaust with muffler for my truck. I have read quite a few threads on exhausts, but am left with some confusion and have a few questions before I order. Any help would be appreciated. Please ask if something is unclear.

Down pipe: I am confused about which part this is or if it applies to my truck (see sig) or scenario. Is it the short elbow on the turbo or is it the pipe that comes off the elbow? If I get the 5" turbo-back kit will it hook up to my turbo ok or do I need something else like an adapter or something?

Cat: I am planning on omitting the cat with this new installation. Does the turbo-back kit plan for this or is it made to have the cat put back on? What do I need to know here?

ECU/Codes: Do I need to be concerned about codes, sensors, or the ECU with this installation?

Fit: Do I need to be concerned about this 5" exhaust kit and how it fits the area around the auto transmission? Or anywhere else?

I'll be doing the install myself so any other advice is welcome. Thanks everyone!

-Jason

·
Registered
185 Posts
downpipe: your truck is an 05 so it will just come with the downpipe, no elbow. gus will send you one to bolt right up to it.

cat: you can fit it back in. but usually people straight pipe it or only add the muffler.

ecu/codes: none should pop up what so ever.

fit: its a nice tight fit. . doesnt rub ( that i know of )

·
Registered
375 Posts
i just ordered one of these kits from gus a couple weeks ago. i have not had any codes pop up in my system that am running without a cat. my system fits great under the truck.

i really like this system, especially with the 7" tip i just got put on today.

advice: you might need something to trim down the long straight piece to get the exhaust to exit where you want it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on guys. Thanks for your replies. I am going to order this kit. Woohoo!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need you. :)

Let's get the ball rolling. Can I get a quote on the 5" FBD exhaust w/Muffler shipped to zip 97702. See sig for truck.

P.S. I already sent you a pm for a quote on an icebox etc. If you want to combine the two price quotes I am fine with that. Either way.

·
Registered
411 Posts
cant wait for mine to arrive! gus is THE man.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I ordered mine on saturday night and it got here this afternoon (tuesday)!!!!! Now that is some service :thumbsup:

·
Registered
411 Posts
sounds amazing. zero leaks. took 20 min to install! looks clean as hell

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Can you please send me a quote on 2 5" exhaust systems for a 05 one without a muffler for a long bed and one with a muffler for a short bed shipped to 84040 thank you

·
Registered
634 Posts
can u send me a quote on 4'' and 5'' with an without a freeflow muffler?
Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can i get a quote for a2001 dodge long bed quad cab 5" straight pipe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts