Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got done installing the FBD 4" Dual Exhaust. IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!! Money well spent!!! It took about 4 hours..and that's just because I had to literally lay all the pipes out on the ground before I installed them. The directions where fairly clear (instructions with diagrams or pics would have made it go some much faster) ...but I had to piece the puzzle together. and the duals are a tight fit. the spare doesn't fit all the way up..but it will work. One thing though...I had what seems to be an extra part. had no clue where it when (again a diagram or pic showing where it went would have been helpful). It's a 90deg bent rod about 8 in long...any ideas where that was supposed to go? all and all I'm very happy...and the install went ok..and it sounds AWESOME!!!
:peelout

·
Registered
740 Posts
Exhaust hanger to be welded to a clamp and mounted by the transmission where there was one on the factory exhaust??

:popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the closest clamp to the stock location where the hanger was...was 6in away....(scratching head)

·
Registered
740 Posts
There should be (I think) an extra exhaust clamp... mount the clamp on the pipe, take some measurements, and weld the rod to the clamp. I believe the kit comes this way because of the different transmission, cabs, beds, and etc...

or just give Gus a holler...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ah.well it's fine with out it...everything was nice and tight..and snug...

·
Registered
787 Posts
How much different does it sound than a single 4" turbo back?

·
Registered
740 Posts
There is definitely a difference between the 4 and 5in, but it is kinda hard to describe. I think it has a lower, louder, more free flowing sound that lets the turbo sing. Don't know if that will help you at all... I definitely prefer the 5in.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I meant the duals over the single in four inch.

I had a 4" and my buddy now has a 5", I prefer the "bite" of the 4". 5" seems to be lower, like you said, but too drone-ish for me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts