Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Dodge 3500, 5.9L. Idles fine in P or N, but when stopped in D it idles fast and really jumps forward when I let off the brake. Then after going about 1 car length it drops back to normal. Shifts fine otherwise. Is this a problem with the TC?

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
is it trynig to power through the brakes? sure sounds like the TC is on it's way out.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Sounds like a TC for sure but I had that happen with weak batteries too.

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
It is the TC, typical problem. Never seen weak batteries won't cause an issue like that in a 48RE. 68RFE, that s another story.

Reactions: Digit09

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hmmm, how would weak batteries cause that problem???
Ah yeah, not sure if an 06 will have the same issues as an 07.5 and newer with voltage issues. My 08 triggered transmission codes and after a couple days of chasing down dead ends I tested the batteries and that was thre source of my problems but the Suncoast was already inbound so oops. Live and learn.

·
Premium Member
15,604 Posts
It won't, not enough electronics on the trans to cause that. 68RFE definitely tends to freak out with electrical issues.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Sounds like converter but because it is a Dodge i would verify TCC solenoid is not being commanded locked by ECM/TCM or a wiring issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts