Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I keep hearing about these fass kits. So I have to ask, what the hell are they, and do I really need one?

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
A FASS is a very nice, reliable, aftermarket fuel pump. They are a bit more than some others on the market, but in my opinion they are worth it. If you plan on adding a fuel box, (Edge, Smarty, Quadzilla, etc.,) then, yes, you should consider one. My truck had the oem fuel pump located under the hood and those are junk. I believe in 02's and newer, they went with a fuel pump located in the tank. Those are a bit more reliable but still can't pump enough fuel to the vp or cp pumps that is needed when you add a box. They are a nice pump, easy to install, and the 150 pumps have screw on filters which makes filter changes simple, fast and no mess.

·
Registered
846 Posts
My recommendation would be to buy a 150 SERIES FASS

Unless you like to have a limited source for filters.

There is only 1 place to get filters for the 95 SERIES FASS and that is from FASS dealers. I found this out shortly after I bought a 95 series 150gph setup. (To my own fault for not doing better research)

You can get the WATER seperator for the 95 series from Fleetguard #FS19768. But not the Fuel filter itself.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
not in tank until 04.5 and up

·
Registered
435 Posts
does this have any effect on mileage??

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
not in tank until 04.5 and up
Thanks for the correction:thumbsup. I didn't realize they were that stupid for that long. What a poor design!!

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Thanks for the correction:thumbsup. I didn't realize they were that stupid for that long. What a poor design!!
You are telling me!:thumbsup Mine stopped playing on an off ramp in CT:thud:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm seeing better mileage out of mine love my FASS

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have a fass 150, but truth to be known, the 95 is more than plenty. No matter how much you build up your truck, you will never use 95 gallons in an hour. Save the money and get the 95. You can probably save the money for the filters as well. Your stock fuel filter will do just fine. I did notice that I had more smoke after installing the FASS. More smoke means more fuel and generally speaking more fuel is good.

·
Premium Member
6,758 Posts
Also look at the Air Dogs, they're smaller, cheaper, quiter and come with a lifetime warranty.
My AD100 and Liberty canister are on the way...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts