Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was hopin some of you guys could give me some input. I've had my fass (95 series) lift pump for about a year and a half now, and have always had 15-17 PSI - Idle, and was never able to get the PSI below 13 before.. Over the last month and or so, my fuel pressure has been much more responsive and erratic with acceleration, and I can get it down to 10 PSI.. (no lower) I know its nothing to worry about, but I am wanting to chip the truck soon, and would imagine i should have this dealt with first. With that being said, does this sound like the pump itself needs to be replaced?

· Registered
68 Posts
Mine is doing exactly that now. I'm hoping it is just a gauge issue - I've posted a question on the FASS thread...we'll see what I find out. But we have the EXACT symptoms.:confused013:

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuel filter was changed right around late january.. I supose it wouldn't hurt to change it again, see if anything happens...

· Registered
164 Posts
Sounds like a guage issue...do you have a isolator? I had a problem with my Isspro guage and isolator..start if the less expensive stuff first..

· Registered
68 Posts
Just changed my filter yesterday - no difference.

I think it may be the gauge. What is this isolator? Do I have one (autometer gauges)? Or can I "add" it to my setup? Not to hijack thread, but I think we are on the same page.

I think getting a mechanical gauge to "test" my setup would work also - anyone know the cheapest place for one?

· Registered
598 Posts
Hey, I was hopin some of you guys could give me some input. I've had my fass (95 series) lift pump for about a year and a half now, and have always had 15-17 PSI - Idle, and was never able to get the PSI below 13 before.. Over the last month and or so, my fuel pressure has been much more responsive and erratic with acceleration, and I can get it down to 10 PSI.. (no lower) I know its nothing to worry about, but I am wanting to chip the truck soon, and would imagine i should have this dealt with first. With that being said, does this sound like the pump itself needs to be replaced?
you been adding 2 stroke to your fuel? if you have...and you have been going between bio and ULSD... then that might be your problem...

I did that once with my FASS 95 HPFP..and my fuel filter got clogged up...cause the Bio and 2 stroke don't mix well...and make a weird slime on the filter...made my FP drop from 15psi (idle-WOT) to 10psi idle...and 6psi WOT...scared the crap outta me...

if you use 2 stroke...you only use it with ULSD...if not...then still might just be a clogged filter or gauge problem.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you been adding 2 stroke to your fuel? if you have...and you have been going between bio and ULSD... then that might be your problem...

I did that once with my FASS 95 HPFP..and my fuel filter got clogged up...cause the Bio and 2 stroke don't mix well...and make a weird slime on the filter...made my FP drop from 15psi (idle-WOT) to 10psi idle...and 6psi WOT...scared the crap outta me...

if you use 2 stroke...you only use it with ULSD...if not...then still might just be a clogged filter or gauge problem.
Hmm, nah, havn't added 2 stroke or used bio.. thanks though... muggs, i am running the same setup as you are (isspro/isolator).. what did you end up doing to fix the glitch?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.