Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a FASS pump, not the whole system with the filters, but just the pump be good? They are a considerable amount less than the entire system. What are the pros and cons to just the pump??

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Would a FASS pump, not the whole system with the filters, but just the pump be good? They are a considerable amount less than the entire system. What are the pros and cons to just the pump??
I have the FASS HPFP and I like it obviously the biggest benefit was the reduced cost. I have the Baldwin 5 micron fuel filter in the canister which does the job for now, once the semester is over I will throw my cat filter on the fuel lines. The full fass system has better filtration so it is a toss up. I have no regrets just running the pump.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Are you talking about making your own system with a fass pump or buying a fass hpfp kit?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the HPFP kit. Right now i just have a pusher pump on the truck, and i would like something a little more reliable.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
the HPFP kit. Right now i just have a pusher pump on the truck, and i would like something a little more reliable.
Ok Well I moved the thread to second gen performance for better exposure. I love my fass hpfp kit.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. How do the install? For my pusher pump, we cut out a section of fuel like, put the pump in and wired it. Is the HPFP kit relatively similar?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am sure they are....thought i would ask a quick question from someone that has actually done it. Makes it allot easier

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
If it is the similar to a 3rd gen. The pump mounts to a floor crossmember of the bed. (Outside the frame rail) There is a line and fitting that will plug into the pickup in the tank. (Unhook the oem connector, plug in the Fass connector) There is new line that will run from the Fass to the fuel filter canister. (There is a fitting that goes on the fuel filter canister) Then hook up the new wiring harness, Done.

Dodge | Commins | Forum

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hm...seems simple enough. Thanks boss

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I just installed an Airdog 150 on my truck, it came with everything. wiring harness, 25ft of 1/2 fuel line , drawstraw, fittings.Mounting brackets it was 499$ with a lifetime Warrantee.
I'm going to go check to see what the fass only pump costs (cuz I dont know)
Sometimes the running around for bits and pieces to cobble something together costs more in time and money than if you just buy a proven system the first time...only took me 40yrs to fiqure this out, and this comming from the cheapest, "I can make it myself" guy on the planet!!

WoW
did a quick google.. FASS is not cheap, 445$ just for a pump with no benefits of the fuel air seperation "ouch"

98.5-04.5 FASS 95GPH Pusher Pump - FASS HPFP-95-1003

·
Registered
529 Posts
Just wanting to subscribe. :popcorn:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts