Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 2 months ago i pulled in my drive way after work one day and when i put the truck in park i heard a really high pitched noise coming from underneath my truck, wasnt sure what it was, so i turned the truck off and then started it back up later, noise was gone, ever since then it makes this wierd high pitched noise, but only everyonce and a while, turns out it was my fass pump, (where the dual filters are located) thats where the noise was coming from, What could this be, bad motor in the pump? Help me out guys, anyone have this happen to them?
:eek:hno::eek:hno::eek:hno:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I had a noise coming from my Airdog, turned out to be the top of the pump hitting the bottom of the cab floor. Probably not you noise, but worth a shot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mine is located under the bed side, i dont think that its setting against anything, it sounds like the pump is goin out or something

·
Registered
61 Posts
i have had the same problem with my fass eventually it will quit working, i am on my third pump. but they do commit to the warranty because they havent charged me yet, they just keep on sending them, i am tempted to go airdog.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have had the same problem with my fass eventually it will quit working, i am on my third pump. but they do commit to the warranty because they havent charged me yet, they just keep on sending them, i am tempted to go airdog.
so did you just call them and say hey my pump quit working and they sent you a new one? cuz i bought the truck a year ago and the guys said that he had just put the fass on a couple months before that so its only been on the truck for a little over a year, would they cover that?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have the same hi pitched noise coming from my fass I talked to airdog and its owner which is the father of the guy that makes the fass pump and airdog said that fass dosnt machine there parts right because they stole his design of the pump 10 years ago and fass just machines there pumps different to get around the patents but the owner of air dog said if you want to trade a fass for a air dog that they will take the fass pumps in on trade

·
Registered
120 Posts
could it be related to air being removed from the system

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the same hi pitched noise coming from my fass I talked to airdog and its owner which is the father of the guy that makes the fass pump and airdog said that fass dosnt machine there parts right because they stole his design of the pump 10 years ago and fass just machines there pumps different to get around the patents but the owner of air dog said if you want to trade a fass for a air dog that they will take the fass pumps in on trade
well thats crappy, but im really concerned cuz im planning a couple of road trips coming up soon and i dont want to be stranded but whatever happens happens i guess, i dont kno anyone that uses airdog, is it better than fass? How bout the prices?

·
Registered
565 Posts
well thats crappy, but im really concerned cuz im planning a couple of road trips coming up soon and i dont want to be stranded but whatever happens happens i guess, i dont kno anyone that uses airdog, is it better than fass? How bout the prices?
I got my Airdog 150 for $499, I was going to go with a FASS but could not justify the extra :$: for the brand name, looks like I made the right choice :woot:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well thats not bad, I heard that fass was like $1500, at least thats what the guy i bought my truck from told me he paid

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
First off before this thread gets of control, lets get back to the issue at hand.

Your pump is making noise.

OK....well have you tried to contact a local FASS dealer to see if they might be able to lend an ear and maybe see what the issue is?

I would first check your pressure. See what its doing. Then pull your suction and return line and put them into a 5 gallon bucket of fuel and see if the pump makes less noise.

We also have our noise update program you can also take advantage. Have you looked into that? Here is a link if you have not:

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/131373-post1.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts