Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking into a fuel filtration system for my 06 2500. Was curious how many of you run a FASS or a diesel fuel filter kit https://dieselfuelfilterkits.com/03_12_cummins_fuel_filter_kit.html. (This is the link for the other system) One guy I talked to said he runs a FASS set up with a cat fuel filter and a Baldwin fuel/water separator filter because he believes those filters are better then the FASS ones. The FASS system is much more expensive curious to see if it’s worth the extra money. Thank you.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Curious what other think or will say.

I believe that the filtration is essentially the same either way you go. If you need the extra fuel flow or a lift pump, would be the only reason to go with FASS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. I don’t plan on making my truck even close to over 500HP so not sure if I need the lift pump side of it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
GDP Fuel Boss if you ever need a fuel pump

Filters Cat 416-1225 UHE or Donaldson DBF 5814 0r 5817
Water separator Baldwin BF 1212

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
Just get the fuel filter kit. The fass pump is not something you'll need.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Stock in tank pump is a pretty good pump, a healthy one will support 650 all day. That said I’ve had a fass on every truck I’ve owned.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just installed the 03-12 filter kit on mine, very happy with it so far.

·
Trying to learn
5,427 Posts
GDP does make a good fuel filter kit (y)

·
Registered
674 Posts
GDP Fuel Boss if you ever need a fuel pump

Filters Cat 416-1225 UHE or Donaldson DBF 5814 0r 5817
Water separator Baldwin BF 1212
How does that mechanical fuel pump work with those filters that are not rated to be on the suction side? Do you have the pump plumbed in before the filters?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I'm running a FASS Titanium on my 05 along with Fleetgaurd filters I buy online. Filters (water separator and main filter) are easy to source and change. Last a long time. Easy to access for any needed service versus having to drop the tank. Cons are they are a bit expensive and can be noisy at times. If I go below 1/8 tank on a hill the pump cavitates and makes noise. Not a big deal. After I fill up I may need to bleed the system to get rid of the air. Easy process - just loosen the water separator and bump the key until fuel gushes out, then tighten the filter. I avoid it by never going below 1/4 tank. Prior to upgrading my fuel filtration setup I was going through injectors like crazy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts