Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which fuel system is better fass or airdog and what reasons are there that one is better than the other, and do u need to replace the draw tube for both? (150 gph) your advice is greatly needed and appreciated im stuck and dont know which to choose....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
well...airdog as a lifetime warrenty....doesnt coast as much and uses a better pump....i was in a toss up too...i orderd my Airdog150 threw John Barker. Best money spent yet i feal...
The Airdog is also the fist one...the FASS was 2nd...i'm sure someone will chime in..

·
Registered
326 Posts
DieselSmoke

I have done research on both the FASS and Airdog. The Airdog is the original manufacture of the system. The FASS is larger and more expensive. The Airdog is about 500 bucks and the 100gpm and 150gpm are the same price. You need to do a drawstraw on both for the 150gpm. The Airdog is also smaller in size for mounting. Kyle at Xtreme Diesel has a nice side by side comparison of the FASS, Airdogg, and the Raptor. Here is the Link http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/xtreme-diesel-performance/56082-airdog-fass-comparison-pics.html
There was a post on here recently that people have had some issue with initial prime of the FASS. You can contact Gus at Farmboydiesel and Kyle at Xtreme Diesel as they commented about their issues. The Airdog has a lifetime warranty and James Warren from RSD told me the FASS does also. I have just done a lot of research on the products I am about to purchase to get an education. Especially with the costs I want to be 100% certain I am purchasing the right product. And I will be installing the Airdog.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just installed a airdog 150 o my truck the instructions were real good and product was A+ and so was GUS at FarmBoysDiesel.com

you cant even hear pump at all...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I did a lot research and decided to go with the Airdog 150, after speaking with the owner/patent holder at Pureflow technoligies, Charlie. He seems like a great guy. The system is a lot smaller than the FASS and the AIRDOG removes air bubbles for the fuel which helps prevent cavitation, for better performance. The FASS does not do this. Oh, ya it is cheaper.

·
Registered
182 Posts
well i have a fass on the way right now did i make a mistake?

·
Registered
182 Posts
well i got a vp/fass 150 for a great deal so...is there really any down fall other than price

1 - 11 of 11 Posts