Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anybody is running the fuel lines from their FASS through the stock filter canister(with Baldwin 7977 filter) and notice a significant restriction in fuel pressure. I'm running mine through it for the heating of the fuel for the winter. Or does anybody find they don't need the heater for cold weather?

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
I run my airdog lines through the stock filter(pf7977) and my fuel pressure sender is between the stock filter and the cp3, I just turned up the pump a little so im getting 23psi to the cp3. havent had any problems with pressure

·
Discussion Starter #3
I'm running a BD X-Monitor for the pressure gauge and all I'm seeing is 9-15psi. It bounces around quite a bit. Or is it because the gauge is more sensitive than an analog one? Wondering if it would even out running the line straight to the cp3? I like the idea of the extra filtering though.

·
Premium Member
2,464 Posts
My gauge is digital with an electric pressure sensor, but it never drops more than 2-3psi when i romp on it, but with your set up your flow demands would be higher. :confused013:

I wonder if anybody has ran 2 fuel psi gauges to see what the exact pressure loss is through a stock filter, if any.

·
Discussion Starter #5
Good question. I had an analog one hooked up straight to the pump when I was trying to diagnose the X-monitor giving me erratic readings. It read 17psi steady at idle. Now that the monitor is fixed it still jumps around a bit but at lower pressure. My rail pressure drops off a bit when I step on it but that's probably cause I'm still missing the FCA from the bag o parts. So all in all there's probably no real downside to running the fuel lines that way?:confused013:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
My Fass 95 pulls through a strainer, Baldwin water seperator, Cat 2 micron filter, then through the OE filter. Pressure is taken just before the CP3, it runs at 17 psi at idle and 15 at WOT.

As long as you have any pressure before the CP3 it will run just fine. If you have any pressure, the lift pump is providing the CP3 with more fuel than it is using.

Reactions: cummins crazy

·
Discussion Starter #8
I've been wondering about that kind of setup. Thanks dude, I'll check into it.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts