Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a fass 95 installed but the guy who installed in just ran it into the stock filter:doh: i am wondering what the fitting that runs into the injector pump is called and if i can find one with a bigger inlet tube, at the parts store, also can i find that fitting with the barb for the fuel pressure gauge, or what are my options for that?

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ummm? why would i do that? i have the f.a.s.s system not just a lift pump, it has a filter, i just need to run it straight to the injection pump, but i did not have the fitting,any one atleast know the thread size into the injection pump?

· Registered
1,076 Posts
I could be wrong but i think its the same. just bypass the filter w/ the fitting provided/that was used to connect to the filter housing.

· Oregon Chapter President
3,663 Posts
Pretty sure it's the same thread to both also. I was originally gonna go straight to my IP but after talking to some guys, went through the stock filter. The big reason is that the stock filter has a "water in fuel" sensor. So it'll light up the dash and let you know to drain your FASS and stock filter. I haven't noticed any draw back to having it plumbed this way.

· Registered
1,076 Posts
Didn't think of that. Good to know. No filters for me still the stock filter.:confused013:

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i want to bypass the filter cuz i am getting 12-13 psi at idle and it goes down to 8-9 when i hammer it, what are u guys seeing for pressure?

· Premium Member
1,970 Posts
ummm? why would i do that? i have the f.a.s.s system not just a lift pump, it has a filter, i just need to run it straight to the injection pump, but i did not have the fitting,any one atleast know the thread size into the injection pump?
gee....might should have included that in your original post....since half the people that say FASS 95, have the 95 pump without the filters :buttkick:, and the other half say FASS HPFP....which would be the same thing....

i assumed the first, since you said it was ran to the factory filter....:thumbsup:

and with your pressure drop'n that low...i'm at 16psi idle and no lower than 10 WOT....but i still have the factory lines from the filter housing to the VP

· Registered
1,002 Posts

This is what I am running with my AirDog 150, however I am running pushlock 1/2 inch lines with the AirDog pushlock elbows. Vulcan diesel also has tapped banjo bolts.

banjo Bolt for easy boost pressure access on the cummins engine

I know the link says for easy boost pressure access but read the description it says that its for the fuel filter canister and/or VP44 inlet.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what is the line called that runs into the banjo bolt and where can i find a 3/8 one of those

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
any one? 3/8, 5/16/ or 1/4 pipe thread, maybe? i just dont want to buy extra reducer bushings for my tee or have to it apart and then run to the store

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.