Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will you feel a power differance if you install a fass 150?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I too would like to know.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I would say yes because you aren't draining the rail on the top end when you are stacking tuners.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
I noticed a differance as in improvement as soon as I took it for its first rip after I installed it. The engine gets all the fuel it needs because you aren't draing the fuel rail like Keven said.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just installed a 150/150 about two weeks ago. I honestly can't feel a power difference but the engine seems to start a little quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Right, it's not that it is really adding any power, it is just allowing to use all of the power.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
If he is running a Smarty and Edge he should have felt a difference! That would require more fuel then our available stacks i would think??

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,126 Posts
If he is running a Smarty and Edge he should have felt a difference! That would require more fuel then our available stacks i would think??
It depends what his smarty is set at. Also he has a different truck and ECM then us. He has a 04.5 5.9L when we all have 07.5+ 6.7s.

·
Registered
108 Posts
does the kit for the 6.7 replace the factory fuel filter like the 5.9 kit does?

·
Registered
190 Posts
It depends what his smarty is set at. Also he has a different truck and ECM then us. He has a 04.5 5.9L when we all have 07.5+ 6.7s.
I realise he is running a 5.9 with a different ecm, and i guess i just assumed that a guy with an edge smarty stack, and an aftermarket trans is running it somewhat turned up. Puttin more fuel to it then my Edge on 6 anyways. Which i "think" im running out of fuel badly. The Egt's are much higher on 6 then 5 and my truck jerks after about 3 seconds at WOT on 6. Also my MP doesnt change anything on 6, i think its cause the pump cant keep the pressure up where the mp wants it. I will be upgrading my pump after i recoop from my nav/audio upgrade this weekend :thumbsup

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
yellow, sounds like you are out of fuel all wright, mine was doing the same thing, lugging or learching after the 300' mark, installed the FASS 95/150 last week and it is night and day. no more sucking the rail dry, truck pulls like a freight train now.:hyper:

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
yellow, sounds like you are out of fuel all wright, mine was doing the same thing, lugging or learching after the 300' mark, installed the FASS 95/150 last week and it is night and day. no more sucking the rail dry, truck pulls like a freight train now.:hyper:
:agree2: No longer have to worry about draining the rail:peelout

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
I wish i could afford a FASS..............:( no freight train just yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Insalled but no power

Mine is on the truck but the wiring harness is wired wrong at the relay(I think it was assembled in China!),going to try and figure out this weekend. Mine feels like it is starving for fuel on level 5 herky jerky at full throttle I am hoping this will fix that. I expected the components to be of a higher caliber for the price. Don't get me wrong I am a machinist and think the billet pump housing is PIMP but the wiring harness has a lot to be desired, If you guys get one of these I suggest you disassemble the wiring harness and solder all of the pins in the connectors to there respective wires. I had three wires pull out of the connectors during the install, they come lightly crimped on the wires.

·
700hp Club
2,196 Posts
don't worry cowboy, your train will come in, save up, it is worth every penny. :lol3:, AFD, sorry to hear about your troubles, i put mine in myself and no issues, i am an electrician so every wire was tugged on to make sure the connections were good. the only thing i wish i had done prior was the lift kit, it was a little tight rolling around under my truck on the creeper with stock suspention trying to drop the fuel tank.

·
Registered
516 Posts
With the Air Dog 150 system you get alot of extra stuff for a lower price than the FASS system. Its got a lifetime warranty and 1/2in lines in their kit.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
They both have a lifetime warranty and the flow rate of 3/8 vs 1/2 line is negligible.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts