Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 G56
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone had a problem with the FASS 150 losing prime at 1/2 tank? The reason why, i got it installed about a month ago, and now the third time getting to 1/2 a tank the truck will quit. It will start up right away, and then shut itself off after about 2-3 seconds. I got it installed because i didn't have time to do it myself. I took it back to them yesterday, and they said the suction tube looked okay that there was nothing wrong with it. He said that the suction tube was a flat end on it, that maybe when the tank gets lower that the tube might just be sucking on the bottom of the tank, so he drilled some holes on the bottom of the spout. I got it back today, and the same thing happened, right around half a tank the truck would start and then quit right away, i managed to get it to a fuel station and is good now? Dont' know if it is concidence or what?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

· Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Is the draw tube plastic or OEM FASS Steel? Sounds like an air issue pre-pump..... your system should have a new draw tube, and it is very unlikely that it would have a hole somewhere mid way to create the loss of prime.

The craziest things happen, so I would start at the tank and work my way forward

· Washington Chapter Vice President
5,035 Posts
Rather then the flat cut arent they supposed to have a slash cut to prevent that? Sounds like its not far enough down in the tank. Just shooting out thoughts though. Wally (Jackthebear3) should know best.

· Registered
102 Posts
i would say suckin air too. But if cut wrong or to shallow would probably just make the problem on a low tank. I think. maybe a filter not sealing well enough.

· Registered
39 Posts
Plastic Tank + Suction

Just maby the pickup tube is too long and by the time you're tank gets half empty the suction tube is right on the bottom and can't draw fuel, possible that the tank is flexing when it is full and retracting at half tank try opening the gas cap when it happens again to relieve the pressure and let the tank expand. good luck!! Let us know how it goes.

· Premium Member
5,727 Posts
Just maby the pickup tube is too long and by the time you're tank gets half empty the suction tube is right on the bottom and can't draw fuel, possible that the tank is flexing when it is full and retracting at half tank try opening the gas cap when it happens again to relieve the pressure and let the tank expand. good luck!! Let us know how it goes.
Good Thinking, the idea is not impossible.... But when a FASS gets a restriction it does NOT lose prime, it will groan loader and eventually blow a fuse from overheat.

There is lots of merit to your idea, we keep forgetting they make things out of Plastic:thumbsup

· Registered
2017 Dodge Ram 3500 G56
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gets quieter...

The only reason i noticed that it was a fuel issue the first time it happened, i took out both the MP-8, and then the edge thought maybe one of them were messing up, then i noticed that the FASS pump was really quiet, and i always new it was quite abit louder operating when the truck does run good. I opened up my fuel lid yesterday, but that was after i fueled up, and i could here it returning back to the tank, but for some reason, it took a bit for it to keep running even after i fueled up....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.