• Yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • Yes but under certain circumstances

Votes: 11 42.3%

Farmington, MO adopts pollution control ordinance

2550 Views 23 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  jms_shepherd
It's about half way down the article.News » Farmington adopts pollution control ordinance » Daily Journal Online - Park Hills, MO
:stirpot:

It's 4 cummins trucks & 1 powerstroke truck that caused this, all younger guys in early to mid 20s, running up and down the main drag blowing smoke intentionally.
From what i was told the one that put it over the top and pushed it to city hall was the kid in the single cab powerstroke with a single smoke stack. He apparently thought it would be funny to smoke out a woman in a convertible car with the top down at a stop light. The soot ruined the interior of her car, the clothes she was wearing and left a layer over her body. She sewed him for property damages. Not sure if it has gone to court yet or not.

Me & a buddy saw a blue lifted quad cab cummins (which is 1 of the 4) do the same thing to a woman trying to get her little kid out of the back seat of a car. My buddy gave him a big a$s chewing the next time he saw him out.

Discuss...
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
wow im sorry to hear that i my self am young 20 to be exact, and love the smoke but i dont try to harm anyone when im having fun. they went to far and need to get in trouble:banghead:

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't agree with giving any average Joe the authority to write in a complaint and then the truck owner gets a ticket in the mail. Should be only the police's authority. Someone could hold a grudge on someone and write up this complaint. Or a guy in a mustang loses a race to a truck (happens alot here) and writes up the smoke complaint to get even. All diesels are gonna put out some soot, That's why the ordinace should let the police be the judge if it's excessive.

· Registered
45 Posts
most stock diesel dont smoke enough to soot up someones car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a bullchit move buddy, an if it was my wife, id whip, someones ace!!!! im a diesel buff for sure, but grow the f__k up!!! and yes man up over this move. Thanks alot to the rest of the diesel world, there wanting to take away, programmers on the street and moves like this aint helping no one, freakin sissys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
55 Posts
Wow.... I'm only 17 and know better to pull that crap. There are a choice few in my town (Warrensburg) that are doing that kinda stuff though

· Registered
556 Posts
theres a guy here in a black cummins that ive seen a few times pouring smoke out the tail pipe. im waiting for something to get passed here because of it. i know a few of the local cops and theyve even asked about him its gotten so bad.

· Registered
137 Posts
i live in farmington and i agree with the ordinance, i am 21 yrs old and i know the people that are doing this. One went to the extent to put dual stacks at the back of the bed cut off at the top of the tailgate just so he can smoke people! And yes i do and believe the ocassional smoking is funny but people go to far

· Registered
444 Posts
Reminds me of TS last year. Leave the police out of it and go kick their A$$ so they won't do it again. Maybe the local diesel shops should get their heads in the game. The local cops here were after one of ours over here and the problem got resolved. I've got a friend in KS 18yrs old that I had to convince smoking was bad for his health. If the responsible people don't do anything, you can see whats going to happen.

· Registered
2,266 Posts
Sucks for you guys in the town that aren't causing problems. I bet it really has the cops watching you pretty close.

· Premium Member
518 Posts
most stock diesel dont smoke enough to soot up someones car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a bullchit move buddy, an if it was my wife, id whip, someones ace!!!! im a diesel buff for sure, but grow the f__k up!!! and yes man up over this move. Thanks alot to the rest of the diesel world, there wanting to take away, programmers on the street and moves like this aint helping no one, freakin sissys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i agree with cory 100% on this

· Registered
137 Posts
yes it does suck for us i have a friend who is a highway patrolman and he called me yesterday while i was at work wondering where i was because they recieved a call of a blue dodge blowing smoke on people walking out the doors at walmart!! Every time i pass a cop it seems like they follow me i don't know if its because im a 21 yr old in a diesel or if they're doing it to everyone:S:

· Registered
742 Posts
They follow me all the time but I quit caring. They never have pulled me over and I have blacked out a couple cops, and that was in Jeff city. I drive from Linn to Sedalia every weekend and never can seem to catch a cop that cares. I can understand that law though. People abuse the smoking ability of these things and if you ever have to drive through it, you can't see a damn thing, it's a safety concern. I never really care who has to drive through it but when everyone does it, your going to smoke out a lawmaker eventually and so it's no wonder they do this. I know Farmington is a big diesel smokeout place anyways so it makes since they would be the first to get a law against it. California, MO might be next as far as I can tell. I sat in a parking lot and you couldn't go 5 min without somebody smoking. I don't see too much smoke west of Sedalia. Warrensburg might have a few smokers. Whats bad is it wouldn't be hard for a cop to catch you. The smoke will stay in the air for a long time and it won't be hard to see look for trucks then trucks with big exhausts lol.

· Registered
2,392 Posts
Doesn't really supprise me.... I see this kind of stuff all the time in my area, and over in Hannibal. Its definately ruining it for the rest of us :doh:

· Registered
96 Posts
we have a city ordinance against excessive smoke in camdenton because of two 12v's runnin with extra long fuel screws cranked all the way in and i was the first one to get a ticket because of a semi behind me

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I know at least 3 of the 4....But who is the forth one? Is it a megacab like my color? I know them very well too. And yes it does suck....Everytime that I am in Farmington with my rig I am literally harassed almost every single time I come into town. And to be honest that sucks for me because my truck smokes at idle (it's not a crap load but yeah I am just sayin it hazes...).

The powerstroke guy is a complete dumb A$$ he has had so many tickets he doesn't even have a liscense. And the others are terrible. I used to actually drive around with them and it was a good time. But the last time I drove around with them the white QCSB dodge put his truck in 6th gear with the TNT smarty and lugged it for more than 2 1/2 miles up karsch................... After that I was done with that crowd. I have a CDL and can't lose my job at Ameren... I lose that I lose everything....

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've only seen yours blackout 67 once lol. Other one im talking about is a white quad cab, with a leveling kit. Dude pipes me all the time. Sucks to get harassed when you're not intentionly doing anything wrong. I don't have a problem with any of the guys, friends with a couple of them, just sucks that everyones watching the rest of us now.

· Registered
47 Posts
Too bad for you all down that way. jms_shepherd dont loose that job at ameren lol. hey while your at it you should dive my Dad some hell for buying a 6.7 I told him to get him a 5.9 but o well at least he has not had any problems with it other than it sucks fuel.

· Registered
160 Posts
I pretty much just quit driving my truck to farmington, seems like every time im over there some one is wanting to race. It gets old!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.