Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hope.this in the right section But Can't seem to find the torque specs for the rear brake rotors where its attached the bearing and axle caps

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wicked motor sport diesel Shane won't answer calls or emails where did he go.... Is he dead God forbid or has he gone out of business? Also my coolant bypass from him is leaking bad above the alternator the orings won't seal .... What should I do

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
i think it would be helpful if you could narrow down your search in the search function. for instance if you are looking for a programmer you could select classifieds and then select 3rd gen parts. that way you dont get all these threads on programmers. then if you have questions about a programmer you could search for that programmer under 3rd gen performance parts. another thing you could do is organize the search results by date posted, number of replies, not sure what else, but stuff like that. im not computer savy, so i have ideal how easy it would be to do. its just a thought though.

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
i think it would be helpful if you could narrow down your search in the search function. for instance if you are looking for a programmer you could select classifieds and then select 3rd gen parts. that way you dont get all these threads on programmers. then if you have questions about a programmer you could search for that programmer under 3rd gen performance parts. another thing you could do is organize the search results by date posted, number of replies, not sure what else, but stuff like that. im not computer savy, so i have ideal how easy it would be to do. its just a thought though.
You can narrow the search by forum by going through the advanced search option. Results are organized by the most recent update I believe.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
oh haha. i have never seen that till just now when i looked harder:doh:. i only knew about the the search bar at the top left. thanks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Lol I'm not very good with working with the internet either .... Good idea though

·
Registered
254 Posts
How about requiring a sig filled out before having th option to post so we dont have so many fix my truck questions without any info.

I agree with this, but I'd like to suggest when someone signs up, it is required to fill out the signature before they are allowed to complete the sign up process and use the forum ? This will not help with those that have sign up already, but for those in the future.

For those that have already signed up and did not fill the signature section, could they make it mandatory they have to fill out the signature before they can post again ?

I'm not trying to be a hard , but it does help those that want to help with members problems.

After thought: I notice the Military Member logo after peoples names. This is great to honor the military, but how 'bout us old Vet's from years past ?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I agree with this, but I'd like to suggest when someone signs up, it is required to fill out the signature before they are allowed to complete the sign up process and use the forum ? This will not help with those that have sign up already, but for those in the future.

For those that have already signed up and did not fill the signature section, could they make it mandatory they have to fill out the signature before they can post again ?

I'm not trying to be a hard , but it does help those that want to help with members problems.

After thought: I notice the Military Member logo after peoples names. This is great to honor the military, but how 'bout us old Vet's from years past ?
i think when it says military member it covers vets and active duty. if you are looking for something that says vets to go along with military member, then i wonder if that would be a pain to maintain. then everytime a guy gets out of the military is he supposed to contact the admin and then the admin changes it to military veteran memeber, or whatever it would say. it might be easy to do, but thats just what came to mind.

·
Registered
282 Posts
How about the addition of a navigation link at the bottom of the page?

Instead of using the "Back" feature you could click on the link or jump sub-forums without having to scroll back to the top.

"Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 3rd Gen. Dodge Cummins 03-07 Common Rail Forums > 3rd Gen. Performance Parts Discussion"

Clicking on whichever bracket would take to to that section. You could leave Performance Parts or current thread without having to scroll back to the top of the page...

Uhggg

It is called "forum jump". Already included.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
How the hell do you fill out a signature?
Click the 'User CP', it's at the top between the 'Log Out' & 'Get Premium'. In the 'User CP' section on the left you will find 'Edit Signature'. Hit that and fill it out. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
How about an A/C thread. Lots and lots of common problems this time of year.
If you search on here, you'll find many many threads on AC. Odds are you'll be able fix your AC after spending some time researching on here.

·
Trying to learn
5,874 Posts
21 - 35 of 35 Posts