1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Diesel sniffer
3,805 Posts
Here's an idea, if anyone with under 10 posts and hasn't filled out their signature, asks any of the following questions, a fist comes through the computer screen and knocks their front teeth out, (assuming they have some).

Which turbo should I buy?
How do I make my truck smoke?
Which CAI is best?

Feel free to add to the list of questions that make you grit your teeth, clench your fists, and encourage you to respond in a less than polite fashion.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Is there a way to make it a requirement to actually use the search function before posting a thread for a new member? I would much see a thread brought back from the dead then another one that get 3 posts......question, answer, thanks.

The search function is like google, the more specific your question is the less results you will have on your search.

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there a way to make it a requirement to actually use the search function before posting a thread for a new member? I would much see a thread brought back from the dead then another one that get 3 posts......question, answer, thanks.

The search function is like google, the more specific your question is the less results you will have on your search.
Don't believe that's possible. I do plan on adding a search tutorial to the FAQ eventually. It's useful when you know how to use it, useless to someone new. Hopefully 'use the search function' will turn into 'read the FAQ'.

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know on a different forum it has been required to make a certain amount of post, then you get access to other sections of the forum.
Yeah, I plan on asking the admins about it, I'm just now sure if that's feasible with the program they use for this site.

·
Registered
705 Posts
How about requiring a sig filled out before having th option to post so we dont have so many fix my truck questions without any info.

Reactions: anoldbiker

·
That sunset tho....
2,857 Posts
How about requiring a sig filled out before having th option to post so we dont have so many fix my truck questions without any info.
We are currently discussing options for educating users on filling out signatures prior to posting, including using the search features. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A tutorial to go through when people sign up would be awesome, but it doesn't look like this is going to happen. What's being discussed right now is including some of this stuff in a newsletter.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
Not sure why we lost all of the stickies,but I think it would be nice to have a Injector thread explaining the new style VS Old style and the different types of nozzles such as SAC.Maybe even have a step by step picture thread of how to change them as well as every tq spec,how to change a nozzle etc.Also if happens I think it would be a smart ideal to lock the thread so it can not be posted in.

·
Premium Member
7,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not sure why we lost all of the stickies,but I think it would be nice to have a Injector thread explaining the new style VS Old style and the different types of nozzles such as SAC.Maybe even have a step by step picture thread of how to change them as well as every tq spec,how to change a nozzle etc.Also if happens I think it would be a smart ideal to lock the thread so it can not be posted in.
None of the stickies are lost, they're all up there in one sticky. This way you don't have to scroll down half a page to get to the first post. I like the injector tech idea. That would be a great one to add.

·
Piggy Piggy
3,426 Posts
None of the stickies are lost, they're all up there in one sticky. This way you don't have to scroll down half a page to get to the first post. I like the injector tech idea. That would be a great one to add.
I see that now!!

·
That sunset tho....
2,857 Posts
How about an A/C thread. Lots and lots of common problems this time of year.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Since you are stationed in Minot, and that was my first duty station we will help you out however we can that place is terrible :hehe:!! If you have a thread in mind, or you're willing to write one or put together some we can definitely stick it in the FAQ :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Why not. I actually really enjoy it out here.

I've got a thread I started last year I think with basic troubleshooting and fundamentals that I can update.

·
That sunset tho....
2,857 Posts
Why not. I actually really enjoy it out here.

I've got a thread I started last year I think with basic troubleshooting and fundamentals that I can update.

Way to cold, to far away from everything, to many women with that permanent winter coat :hehe:. If you attach the link we will review it and possibly attach it to the FAQ.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
How 'bout an automatic screen for dumb*** questions about "I wanna do at least a 6" lift and big wheels with spacers for stance and 37" or bigger tires but 22" rims so less tire showing" idiot posts in performance parts section? Very tempting to reply appropriately but then I would get kicked off here... Don't need that as CF is my favorite web site too good a resource to lose like that... ;0)

·
Registered
434 Posts
How about renaming this thread, Sitting on da porch playing banjo making fun of stupid .

Came in here for suggestions for my truck and the stuff was sooo funny couldn't stop. Now I am adding to it. The really funny one was, Will removing my silencer hurt my truck?

I will search to try and understand what that meant, LOL!!

I guess we all have "our" expertise in life.

On to reading...........on a different thread, LOL!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Remember that dumb questions probably were asked by us before. I don't mind these as these guys are our future members here and don't know protocol yet. I'm not offended by poor English either. At least it's an American language! Thanks, Herb

1 - 20 of 35 Posts