Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else hear of the fan hittin the radiator?? mine when through it! pourin anti-freeze everywhere! its covered under warranty! but i might take the fan off and replace with an electric one! just wanna see if anyone else had this problem! thanks CJ

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
I used to have that problem with an old Jeep Cherokee. It ended up being slop in the motor mounts allowing the motor to shift forward under heavy braking and rough roads. I haven't seen anything with my truck.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
I have heard of this a few times. From the two members that told me about it, neither knew the reason why.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah they checked the motor mounts! there fine! the truck only has 6300 miles on it! they said i have to much power and the motor moves forward with to much power! anyone knows if this happens??

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
yeah they checked the motor mounts! there fine! the truck only has 6300 miles on it! they said i have to much power and the motor moves forward with to much power! anyone knows if this happens??
Too much power? :doh: These things are diesels. They got torque to spare.

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
If that were the case then this would be a very common problem. The cases I recall did not have much for power adders. I think the one was stock. Keep in mind it would also have to pull the transmission and transfer case forward to. They have mounts. That is a lot of movement, all locked down for it to get to the radiator.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what im sayin! i see guys pushing 1400ftlbs iam no where near that and i dont see there fan going through there radiator! hahaha oh well!

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Got any pics? Maybe the fan clutch failed. Where did it happen? Offroading or on the road. Plastic fan blades can distort when they are in deep water. I have wrecked a few rads off roading when the rad popped out of the factory mounts also...I made my own mounts after that and have had no trouble with my crawler since. Let us know when you find out what failed on your truck.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i truck doesnt know what dirt is! hahaha it happened going down the highway! i will admit i was on it! but this still should have happened!

·
Rescue Tower
10,826 Posts
Sounds exactly like the other guys... How much room is there normally betwen your fan and the radiator? I just can't see how this would happen.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i got my truck back! the fan didnt go through the rad like they told me! there is a hose or line that runs in front of the fan that was makein contact with my rad and wore a hole in it!!! :confused013:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
there is a hose or line that runs in front of the fan that was makein contact with my rad and wore a hole in it!!! :confused013:
There is a metal tube with wires in it (for the electric fan clutch) that goes in front of the fan. Interesting that it wore a hole through your radiator in such a short time.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
my uncles truck it broke off but it wasnt because of it being loose it was because of a cat.

·
Retired Old Fart!
8,561 Posts
my uncles truck it broke off but it wasnt because of it being loose it was because of a cat.
Now THAT was a rude awakening, huh? :shock:

·
Administrator
7,072 Posts
I've seen 3 fans go into the rad. the 2 cummins ISXs were because of failed fan hubs. The Izuzu was from being in deep water. Sucked it right in. 10 yrs ago my ex gf got her own cat when she started her car to go to school.... Glad it wasn't me!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
ya he had me pull him into town and i was laughing the hole way and well the dealership was just laughing.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats prob the wire!!!! how it did it is beyond be! and why so quickly i dont know!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts