Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

fan for heat

570 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  cummins_smoke
Hey gang. have not posted in a while, but been reading. Us Southern boys dont like cold, so today (coldest so far 19deg) I go start the truck to warm it. go out about 30- min later to get to work and its as cold as a icebox. the fan wont blow. I get some heat when I put it on the dash vents on high. but its very little. I know the blend doors are Ok. The fan just will not blow. It has had a problem for about a year that it will only blow on hi. but now not at all. Any ideas?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
I had that problem, if you have an adjustable steering wheel try moving it up an down. The power wire to your fan connects right where the steering wheel adjusts. The wire will work its way out over time. Until you get it fix you can just move it up an down until it works. Seems to work best the higher up the steering wheel is

· Registered
128 Posts
I had a problem with my 06' back in the summer. It quit blowing cold air. Took it in to the dealership for warranty and either the blend door, or something inside that part of the dash had broke and was not allowing any air flow through the vents. I'm not for sure if you meant your fan isn't working electrically or not flowing any air. Hopefully it's not what I had cause I'm sure your's is out of warranty now like most of us who have 06' models. They had to remove most of my dash to repair mine.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have an 05 cummins and had a problem with it not blowing all the time but some times it would. got on nhere and asked a few questions and found exactly where to check. It was the main wire harness next to the steering column on the left hand side. from tilting the wheel so much it caused it to make a weak connection and fry the wire harness. Was not to hard to fix did it all my self.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.