Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, After reading some, it seems the common problem of the fan wires getting caught in the fan has happened to me. I have an 06. Normal highway driving the truck does not overheat. But when it is working hard it gets hot quick. The AC also does not work at idle, but does fine on the highway.
My question for the experts is: do I have to remove the fan to get the electrical connector off the fan? or better yet, how is the connector attached to the fan? I figure if i take off both pieces and solder them on the bench it will be way easier, as in position it is very difficult to reach.
Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Crawl under the truck and look up from the bottom and take a look. Getting the fan shroud out is a PITA as you have to unbolt the fan blade assembly and then another PITA getting it back on. Sounds like you will have to pull it all out to do any soldering. Sorry I can't remember details but did it once a few years back to replacing serpentine belt.

PS...you do NOT have to remove shroud to do this belt! haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im pretty sure the wire is permetaly connected to the fan. the connector should be on the driver side. get the fan off unbolt it and put a new one oin or sodder the wires the trucks are really bad about overheating when pullin but other than than that they are great.but make sure you dont run your ac at idle with the clutch out you will eventually tear up the compressor only run ac when your moving

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.