Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Laramie, with tan interior. It's a 06' with the fake looking wood door panel inserts, console, center bezel. Is there anybody that offers a carbon fiber kit for this truck? Or even factory Dodge part #s for carbon fiber?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe this isn't the right section? Has to be more guys that didn't like the fake wood trim & swapped it out. I feel like i'm in my grandparents motor home.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Use your favorite search engine (google) for "wood dask kits", as most of them sell CF kits as well. Sherwooddash.com and wooddash.com have been around for a while and sell popluar kits.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I was thinking about taking them out and painting them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have googled, dogpiled, ebayed, kijiji'ed, had the dealer searching. Other then a 7 piece stick on kit, that in my opinion looks cheesy. Can not find factory pieces. The kits I have found that are "molded", "stick on" don't even include the "8th' piece required to cover the console trim. Had no idea this would be a challenge.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I have googled, dogpiled, ebayed, kijiji'ed, had the dealer searching. Other then a 7 piece stick on kit, that in my opinion looks cheesy. Can not find factory pieces. The kits I have found that are "molded", "stick on" don't even include the "8th' piece required to cover the console trim. Had no idea this would be a challenge.

Exactly why more guys haven't changed it out :hehe:

I agree, the molded stick on pieces look absolutely terrible. I've been toying with the idea of using leather to cover those pieces but I haven't taken anything off to look. I don't know how easy it is to pull out just those faux wood pieces or if they're actually one piece with the door. For the dash you can use the brush satin bezel which is the other trim option.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did a couple things on another car i own, and it came out looking good. But i think the di-noc is easier to deal with. Both look outstanding, matte, and well textured. Please post pics of anything you do wrap!

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
MRK group, nice stuff great fit, check them out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thankx guys, will check those suggestions out. Still on the hunt for a good looking products.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
As I hijack the post... :S:

My order of this CF cloth arrived yesterday. It's rainy around here but I'll get a post up of my own as I experiment and get some items done. :thumbsup: I need to read some installs and figure out how to go about installing for the best results.
any luck with this?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Haven't worked on it yet. Trying to figure how to do the fake inserts in the door first since it looks like they aren't intended to pop out (do they?). BUT looking at installs, it's pretty straightforward on trim pieces.

I've put some pieces on some other items as small tests, it'll look good on a whole project.

Here's an install: DIY: wrapping interior trim parts with Carbon Fiber Fabric - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum - E90Post.com
Do a search on dodgetalk's forum. Its pretty easy to do the door panel inserts. Lots of people paint them. You just drill out the plastic weld/rivet things and then when you want to put them back, use a small machine screw and a washer. Something like a #6 x 1/4" screw. I have done it on my truck, but no pics.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
I painted my 07 laramie dash and door panel pieces brilliant black metallic to match the exterior... turned out perfect!

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I also have an 06 Ram. I have the actually carbon fiber dask kit in mine and it looks amazing. I bought the truck off of some kid who already had the kit on so I don't know where he bought it. I did find you a 9 piece Carbon Fiber kit for $239.57 from Sherwood Dash Inc. If you would like I can take a picture of mine and post it. The link is below.
DODGE RAM Interior Dash Trim Kits For DODGE RAM QUAD-CAB-MEGA-CAB Year(s) 2006-08 Models

1 - 20 of 21 Posts