Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a ball park estimate on what to ask for my truck. I'm selling it privately rather than trading it at the dealer. I'm up to 160,000 miles ( 200K-km ). I had anew clutch put in it 1 year ago and new tires as well.

I know noone can give me an exact number but I just need a place to start. Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
$25,000 is pretty high for that miles. No offense just being honest. I would say 20-21k. Thats how much it would sale around here for. Maybe even less with those miles.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys...no offense taken at all. It's a Laramie and it's got every option available except automatic, which is what my wife needs because of her wonky shoulder.

I was thinking around $20-$21K so I'm confident that's fair.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you could get that I would run with it. My brother was offered 17,500 for his 05 3500 4-door slt 4wd cummins with around 110,000 miles on it at the dealer. It does have a few dents on it though.
Good luck:thumbsup

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's why I'm selling private. The dealer offered me $15K and I figure they'll ad at least $6K when they try to sell it. Those guys make a killing when we trade in our Cummins powered trucks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Used Car Value - Dodge Ram 2500 Pickup-3/4 Ton-V8 Quad Cab

Nada with minimual list of options puts it aaround $22,000. That is woithout consideration for the miles too

The miles would take away, alot. NADA is a dealers retail price, and "the starting price, for negotiation". I was going to say about $18K (US).

Kelly Blue book says $17.3K. Keep in mind, I didnt add all the options, cause I dont know what you have. I just put the info from your sig.

Here you go:
Kelley Blue Book - Private Party Pricing Report - Dodge, 2500 Pickup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts