Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to wire up my brake controller. It appears someone has wired a new wire from under the dash all of the way to the 7-way connector. I am a little concerned because the brake wire does not appear to be a heavy enough gauge to control four brakes. (Two axles) I am also concerned about the positive wire as well. Are there any known problems with the size of factory wires being used when connected to a trailer?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
im not sure about required wire sizes, if you look under your dash you will more than likely see that the t/b wire is just as big as the one it is tapped into. also note most brake controllers will run more than just 2 axles. make sure all your connections are well conected and you will more than likely be just fine. your 12 volt charging supply wire (i believe its around the 5 o'clock position in a 7 pin connection) should be the heaviest one. i run mine directly from the battery

1 - 2 of 2 Posts