Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know the stock size tires my truck came with?

·
SootCloudMaker3
5,668 Posts
Probably 265's

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
Probably 265/75R16. It should tell you in the door jamb.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
my spare tire is a 265 buuuut all my other ones are 285s.....it's gonna suck the day i have to use that spare:lol3:

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
The stock tire size is printed on the label inside the driver's door jamb on both of my trucks.

I have the stock spare on my 98.5 and with the limited slip differential I plan to keep the same size on both sides on the back if I have to drive very far so if I have a flat on the back I would have to change two tires (move a front one to the back).

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Yeap the stock tire size information is on the label in the driver side door jam... Typically 265/75 R16

my spare tire is a 265 buuuut all my other ones are 285s.....it's gonna suck the day i have to use that spare:lol3:
Pray you dont have to... That's a good way to ruin a diff quick...:thud:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everone Im trying to use the speed correction on my edge kit but didnt know factory size Now one more question Would you guys know the circumfrence?

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
It is also a function of the tire manufacturer. My stock Goodyears (245s) stood 29.5 " tall (with the truck sitting on the ground. My Michelins (265s) stand 31" tall. That is more difference than applying the aspect ratio formula would indicate. My Superchips programmer asks the standing height, not the circumference. My speedometer and my GPS agree so; at least in my case they must have hit it right.

If you really need the static circumference measure the diameter (front to back through the center) and multiply by pi (3.14 is close enough) or run a rope around the unloaded tire and measure its length (around 100" for near stock sizes).

The dynamic circumference is a function of speed (centrifugal force).

The tire manufacturer's web site might give you the diameter, the circumference, or the revolutions per mile at a particular speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts