Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one have the joint sizes for the uppers and lowers? and also does any one have lengths figured out once lengthened? if you have kore or carli arms can you measure bolt eye to bolt eye and give me the length? plus the length of your stocks to compare?

thanks!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i think the carli springs alone will work for me. i compared some measurements of my truck with online ones and i think i was seekin more then 3 just cuz my spacers are not really even giving me 2.5 since my springs are 11 years old and saggin. looks like most are reportin just over 3" to 3.5 on the carlis.

·
Premium Member
18,680 Posts
that may be a good idea. keep in mind once you do all this to get you control arms adjusted and the front end aligned. i think you're gonna like what you get :thumbsup:

·
Registered
398 Posts
does any one have the joint sizes for the uppers and lowers? and also does any one have lengths figured out once lengthened? if you have kore or carli arms can you measure bolt eye to bolt eye and give me the length? plus the length of your stocks to compare?

thanks!!!
pull your arms off and measure and add 1/2" to the length of each.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Anybody on here convert to a long control arm suspension? Seems like all you need to do extend the old ones and build new brackets for the frame.

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Anybody on here convert to a long control arm suspension? Seems like all you need to do extend the old ones and build new brackets for the frame.
The factory control arms are weak. If you're going long arm then you'lll need to start from scratch or buy 1 of the aftermarket long arm kits.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The factory control arms are weak. If you're going long arm then you'lll need to start from scratch or buy 1 of the aftermarket long arm kits.
Good to know. So if i manage to extend them by either beefing up the old ones or by making new ones, can i use the stock bushings and holders
Maybe to much flew will be put on them....

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
I have long arm kit on one truck and on my other truck we made some tubes and put solid metal shafts inside.They are 1" longer than stock. Here are pictures of the 1" longer than stock arms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts