Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought I would start this thread to show our latest project for a customer from Monterrey, CA. We will update the thread as the project progresses.

So, here is our project truck. 2003 F450 4x4

Customer has had nothing but problems with the 6.0L (I know, shocking). At 50K miles Ford replaced the 6.0L with one for an 05. Now @ 135k the motor is just not getting it done. Frustrated, the customer makes a living off this truck, and decided to have us install this -

2005 Cummins CR with 100 original miles!

So, we will be rebuilding the 5R110 transmission and then adapting the Cummins to it. We should begin teardown next week sometime, and assembly the following week.

We'll continue to update the thread, anyone wanting to see the album as it grows can find it here.
03 F450 Conversion

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it pulled in yesterday and evacuated the A/C so we can start tearing into it. Hope to have the motor and transmission out tomorrow.

You tend to forget how long these Cab/Chassy trucks are until you put one in the shop where a normal truck usually fits!:banghead:

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, now that the Mega Cab project is completed and we have caught up on some of our transmission jobs, back on this one. Most of the parts are here, just waiting on an Alternator bracket and the PCS controller for the transmission. So, teardown continued -

Yesterday got the motor out-

And we got the transmission dropped. Going to be going through it so he has a good fresh transmission to go with that brand new Cummins.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motors in! Pics in the morning. Did it without pulling the cab too.:party018:

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry everyone, been busy as all get out round here.

Adapter plate and billet flexplate thanks to Destroked!

Motor mount adapter plates and poly mounts -

That plate sticking up on the drivers side is the mounting plate for the ECM.

Ready to go in!

Fits like it should have been there the whole time!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
looking good bet he is happy its getting closer to being on the road again.

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, and I am looking forward to being able to get to my lathe and drill press easier!

Yesterday and today are for wiring. We pulled the Painless Kilt out and I am not happy at all with how it looks. All the wiring is bare. So, yesterday I started cutting up the zip ties and installing wire loom.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts