Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i am buying the EZ chip tommorrow for cheap i am eventually planning on attitude just want a little more for now but is it even worth the time? People say its pretty much like stock doesnt that extra 65 horses help? Anything will be great thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
by the way i drive a 99 2500 4in turbo back with kn intake

·
Registered
528 Posts
i have the ez the power you will see is on top end say 1800rpms up i would say if you are going to buy the juice put the money u going to spend on the ez towards the juice

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well what i was going to do is run it for awhile to get a little more power i am gettin it for 100 installed then just sale it again when get the juice but for now!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
if i were you id just buy it and resell it. When i had one on my truck i couldnt tell a difference with it on or off. Im alot happier with the juice/attitude.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet but you really can not tell at all a difference? i might make money off it so ya i gonna buy it just wanna know what i am gettin with it!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
if you couldn't tell a difference with it installed, something is wrong! I definitely noticed a difference and I got 2-3 more mpg! i dynoed with and without an EZ many years ago when I had just a BHAF and 4" exhaust. 215/450 before and 245/600 after. that was without the boost elbow as the EZ was borrowed and added in the parking lot!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get edge juice with attitude you will be more happy

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i am going to but not till summer when my funds are sufficent for some other upgrades such as tranny and fuel system lift pump and injectors

·
Registered
16 Posts
cool have fun

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Dude I have owned two 24v Cummins and my first upgrade was an Edge EZ and RV275 injectors on both and honestly felt about the same power as my Edge Juice with Attitude on my truck now, it doesn't fuel to redline like level six does but its a huge power boost for under or maybe just over $300 if you buy used... I would honestly compare the EZ/RV275 combo to level 4 on my J/A. If you dont have the 700 for an J/A I would do that combo and sell later. Pm me if your interested in a set of RV275's for $100 in good shape...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I know the edge ez with injectors is a great combo, but imagine the juice/attitude with sticks. Your always going to want to go bigger so you might as well get it right the first time and go with the juice/attitude.

and i can honestly say i didnt see much of a difference between the ez and stock. And my mpg stayed the same when i took it off.

·
Registered
482 Posts
The EZ on setting 3 you will notice a big difference from stock. If you don't there is something wrong with it or a connection is not right. I didn't notice any mileage gain on 2 or 3, about 3mpg on 1.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My EZ was a great upgrade, and I got it for $180 shipped from accross the country. You dont need to pay for installation tho, its literally two factory style plugs and they are easy to find. For the price you cant beat it. Just make sure its on level 3. If you havent already, buy a fuel pressure gauge or you WILL be sorry you didnt. I just replaced a lift pump and VP44 just like everyone else that doesnt listen. Its a necessary "upgrade". I havent dyno'd my setup but the seat of the pants dyno says I really got my 65 ponies and Im definately close to the same power as my roomies 305/550 3rd gen.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got it used last night in bought it we threw it on in a walmart parking lot and i freakin love it totally know a difference and for only a 100 bucks it was a great upgrade i even puff a little which i thought that i wouldnt be able to!:party018:

·
Premium Member
18,679 Posts
did you get the boost elbow with it. good to see you like it. i picked up 2mpg with mine. it's a good buy for $100.00

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ya i am gonna get my tranny beefed up and then get a lift pump in my tank before it goes like on my dads 00 and then maybe some mild sticks and be good for awhile i mean its running like a champ and has never ever let me down!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
no on the boost elbow i dont think well i know so but does that help?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
can the guys at the dealership check and see if you had that chip on your truck if your doing some work on your truck with a warranty?...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the ez you can hurry and take off and no one will know some places with it being a milder chip will be cool with it! But all depends its like two plugs and its out easy install/unstall like five minutes tops!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.