Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I bleed Diesel
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone no where to get an extra tank for a good deal for the bed. Like 100gallons or so?

·
Registered
10,784 Posts
Keep in mind that some areas have restrictions on the type and size of aux fuel tanks!

A quick call to the local dot should get you a fast answer and possibly save a hefty fine ;)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm using a aluminum saddle tank from a 18 wheeler. Made a cradle, and straped it down. Works great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm using a aluminum saddle tank from a 18 wheeler. Made a cradle, and straped it down. Works great.
Man! that is a really good idea. I've been toying with the idea of an extra tank. This may be a way to do it cheap, and easy to take out of the bed when not needed. Maybe a trip soon to the truck bone yard. I need an extra tank for the boat too. Maybe get two.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I got a 75 gal. off an old Freightliner free, A $40 fuel filler neck T valuve from northen tools, a $15 or $20 12 volt pump, 4' hose and a $3 on/off switch 4 hours and a few beers later I can go 1300 miles on a tank. not as much bling as a $500 alum diamond plate tank but saved me money for more mods. I'll try to get some pics it finished off super smooth.:headbang:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I wonder if I could find a tank that would fit under my tool box? I have about a foot of room under it.

·
CO President
2,642 Posts
Had one on the 06, just used a off road fuel transfer tank, and put a electronic valve on the bottom from the parker store wired to a switch in the cab. Then spliced it down through the bed with a 1/2 inch hose and into the fuel filler hose. Even had a transfer pump so no one would ever ask why there was a tank full of fuel but no way to get it out. When it gets low on fuel just flip the switch and keep driving.

Oh and the valve was wired so it was closed unless powered, keeps it from overflowing the tank.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
You could do an L tank, or there are places that make a deep tool box with a fuel tank under it.
Well I cant do an L shhaped tank cause it would come too close to my gooseneck hitch, and those toolboxes are pricey. I was hoping that there would be some way to do like these guys and find a tank somewhere that might fit under the toolbox. I dont need a big one.

·
CO President
2,642 Posts
Well I cant do an L shhaped tank cause it would come too close to my gooseneck hitch, and those toolboxes are pricey. I was hoping that there would be some way to do like these guys and find a tank somewhere that might fit under the toolbox. I dont need a big one.
The one in the 06 was in with a under the rail box and it fit fine with a goose neck. It was not an L tank though it was a rectangle one from tractor supply co. It was bed rail height, and only about 8" thick. It held like 38 gallons or something like that. If you have a short bed though it is still too much. You could just build your own to go under the box that would be cheaper then the prefab ones i know they are not cheap.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ditto on the big rig tank. I took mine off a refer semi trailer. Cost me a 12 pack. I just turned the saddle over, hooked up a holley fuel pump to it and ran it into the filler neck of the main tank. Here are some photo's.

Pictures by beads159 - Photobucket

1 - 11 of 11 Posts