1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
nope i dont, obviously

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
nope, and never had any regrets. the sales managers at auto dealerships will always try to scare you into buying them. They usually will raised the covered mileage or lower the price if you look somewhat interested and are balking.

·
Premium Member
3,792 Posts
I did once. It was for my 01 Ford PSD. After I had lifted it they voided my warranty because the lift and tires weren't to manufacturers spec. I don't waste the money any more. I am my own warranty station-- that way I can do what I want.:thumbsup

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope i dont, obviously
Do you mean because of the mods that you have done to your truck.

I plan to keep mine stock, and I'm thinking about getting a 5 yr 100,000 mile ext. warranty, this way I will have peace of mind for the 5 yrs I'm paying for it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
their like insurance policies. Chances are you will never use them.I bought one on my m6 convertible, but the pickup truck is far less complicated.The main thing to consider is how often the truck is in the shop prior to the end of warranty. If it goes in allot them buy the warranty the last month you have manufacture warranty.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Do you mean because of the mods that you have done to your truck.

I plan to keep mine stock, and I'm thinking about getting a 5 yr 100,000 mile ext. warranty, this way I will have peace of mind for the 5 yrs I'm paying for it.
Yeah thats what i meant.

I agree with Renegade69 if you are staying stock.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I never will again. Most dealerships are always going to try to find something you did to the truck to make it mess up anyway if something out of the ordinary goes wrong. That way there not liable for it.

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I bought a 5yr 100,000mile warranty it cover electrical and mechanical things that aren't covered after 36k miles. I did one before and it paid for itself it cost me 1200 bucks and they replaced a head gasket and rebuilt a tranny too because the main shaft was bent. So I got 3400 dollars of work for 1200 bucks not bad I say!

·
Skrew- EPA CARB OPEC PETA
1,577 Posts
My warranty is almost up and I almost want to get a smarty and put it on the highest setting to blow my tranny just to get my money's worth and a new tranny (just because)

·
Registered
335 Posts
I had one for my wifes car and when the head gasket needed to be replaced they did that part but I had to pay for the antifreeze as that was not part of the repair. I saved about the amount I paid for the warrenty. I did not buy one for my truck. Same company. Fool me once...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a 5yr 100,000mile warranty it cover electrical and mechanical things that aren't covered after 36k miles. I did one before and it paid for itself it cost me 1200 bucks and they replaced a head gasket and rebuilt a tranny too because the main shaft was bent. So I got 3400 dollars of work for 1200 bucks not bad I say!

Not bad! :thumbsup

·
Registered
708 Posts
usually a rip off, save your money

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depends on who the warranty is actually through. Third party will pay any ASE shop, which means you can take it to your local diesel performance shop. And they certainly wont rat on aftermarket stuff. Also a lot of dealerships kinda gouge the warranty company so they wont rat either.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
I did and regret it big time. I hate my dealer because they're always trying to find a way to void my warranty already. It raised my payments and have learned my lesson.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I won't buy the warranty. I spoke with my local stealership and they said that even a by-pass oil system would be cause to void the warranty. I can't imagine if I changed over to a different tire (not even a different size). Seems they are out to save their own a$$ and not help the customer. I have a feeling that the way I use the truck (daily driver, not tow truck) I couldn't justify the cost of it. Especially with what I have planned (in the next few years). Chase/support truck, here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can you cash out your warranty? I've already purchased one, but want to do the DPF delete and EGR so there is no point of having it. Right?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yes you can cash out your warrenty if you do not want it any longer.
Funny but kinda f'd up story on my part, I had one on my last truck (02 2500) I lifted it and modded the crap out of it, so I decided to get my money back from the warrenty went to the dealer to cash out and come to find out 3 months earlier the company I had the warrenty through filed bankrupcey and if I wanted any money out of it I had to get a lawyer and file a claim with the company 2 months before. I never heard anything about this until then no letter or anything. I got totally boned I even went out and talked to a lawyer to see if there was anything I could do but I was too late. Be careful and research the company before you buy, the company I used was reccomended by the dealer I bought my truck through.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts