Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Experience with tranny shift kit

756 3
Has anyone used a shift kit from transgo on the diesel auto? Did it raise line pressure and resistor needed? How does it compare to a full built VB from a tranny vendor? Was lockup inproved noticable. Were shifts still smooth?
Comparsions greatlly appreciated.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
11,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I keep snooping around in forum and found a few answers. Have a TransGo kit for Diesel on order and will build up a VB to make job quicker, hopefully.
Tranny was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago and has a 3 clutch converter.
Will repost with results and maybe pictures if possible.

· Registered
918 Posts
I've toyed with the idea of some valve body mods as I already have a BD converter. I can slip it very easily with the Comp on 1x5 and since I really don't care for BD trans parts I pretty much decided to run it till it blows or won't move anymore, which ever comes first! Was your trans slipping at all or was this just a preventative measure? I've heard mixed reviews on these shift kits in the past so I am very curious as to what your results will be! Keep us posted!

· Registered
242 Posts
i would stay away from the transgo. its not much of a shift kit.. just makes the shift bang. and i went through 2 transmissions with the transgo kit. Got an Hts valve body and havent had a problem yet.. thats JMHO.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.