Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
texas
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am going from duals to a single 4in system should i buy a muffler or a resonator
i was looking at the mbrp resonator
here are my choices
mbrp
magnaflow
Diamond Eye

·
SuperDuperMod
2,816 Posts
bump for input.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
4" Straight (with nothing but the pipe) sounds awesome on a 2nd gen :thumbsup. But if you really want one of the above I say a good resonator will do the trick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
:agree2: Straight pipe sounds so ba!!

·
texas
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yea i know but my truck needs some backpressure
when i had 3in straight i lost top end power clibming hills

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Stright pipe nothing sounds better

·
Registered
17 Posts
yea i know but my truck needs some backpressure
when i had 3in straight i lost top end power clibming hills
I think that is what is wrong with my truck. 3" straight I have no topend power. When it gets to upper rpm falls on face.

Later,
Shane

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Put a adrenaline on it,it want do it anymore

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
there must be something wrong with your truck, if it falls flat with a straight pipe, the turbo acts as a restriction, and after the turbo it needs to be as open as possible(there have been reports of problems IIRC when running 5inch with high horsepower/turbos )
back on topic...
I have the magna flow 4inch and it came with a straight thru muffler, to me it sounds as quiet as the stock system did. I can only tell its noiser when I drive thru an underpass or by bldings. I'd like it louder than stock but quieter than a straight pipe as the straight pipe has a wicked droan at high way speeds

·
Registered
17 Posts
I love how the straight pipes sound but, it is alittle loud.
I am about to order the Adrenaline and new exhaust. What else should I order for my truck.

Later,
Shane

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love listing to mine 5 inch piping humming along! Ahh its sex to the ears IMO

·
texas
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
new question i dont mind drone but my passengers dont like it at all so question what muffler would give me good sound and low drone

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered QUADZILLA ADRENALINE and Airdog 150. What else do I need for my fuel system.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I got 4in turbo back and mine drones pretty good at 2000rpms and i want it louder.

·
Mark Ward
836 Posts
FBD 5inch. sounds awsome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts