Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
All around nice guy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm contemplating an exhaust upgrade... The issue is that in PA, technically all on-highway vehicles must have a muffler if equipped with one form the factory.

I have had very good luck with the Walker Race Magnum (now the Dynomax UltraFlow welded muffler). So I'm thinking that if I do a pipe like the muffler delete, but put this inline, I should be golden...

Dynomax Performance 24217 - Dynomax Ultra Flo Welded Mufflers - summitracing.com

Question is this- does anyone know exactly how much offset I need in the pipe? I don't want to pay $$ for the muffler delete pipe, only to cut a bunch of it off. Does anybody know if that delete pipe that some places sell is a stock piece for anything, or do they have it made custom for them? There's no place around here that will really do a good custom bend in 4" pipe, so I knida need some off the shelf parts or I have to weld it up myself, which I'd prefer not to do since I can't afford to have the truck down for any time at all.

Thoughts?

·
All around nice guy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump. Anyone?

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
Usually you can "flex" the stock system enough that you can fit a straight pipe in place of the muffler...it looks a little goofy but gets the job done.

·
All around nice guy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm... I'd like to keep it more stock-ish looking, so as not to attract undue attention from the dealer if I have any warranty issues. I did a muffler replacement on my other truck, and they were fine with that because everything else went exactly where the stock stuff went...

To anyone who did the muffler delete- is there a straight section on that delete pipe that is like 12-14" long so that I can cut it and put the muffler in? Also, are both ends of the muffler delete pipe "female" or ID, or is it ID/OD?

·
Registered
279 Posts
IMO i am from PA and Got a ticket in feburary when i had my 5' system for no muffler and it was a $35.00 fine but after court costs and all the other little bull#[email protected]^ it was $108.50:thud::CRY:

·
All around nice guy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right, which is why I'm trying to put in the "muffler" mentioned above :)

I used to have a PA Inspection License, so I know how bad things can go...

Oh, and every fine in PA is awful because of costs. I got a speeding ticket in Delaware one time, and it was like $42... But I will say that's not much of a discouragement like it is in PA. It's like $135 for the same ticket.

·
Banned
4,630 Posts
You won't have any warranty issues with an aftermarket muffler (execpt your exhaust warranty)...

Yes, in a mufler delete pipe there is a long section of straight pipe, then real close to one side it curves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts