Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am planning on getting a cummins soon. The first to mods i want to do are guages and exhaust. I want an exhaust that sounds great but isn't terribly loud. I pull a trailer a lot through residential and towns so i dont want something obnoxious. I also will be plowing snow and plowing stuff at 2 am with a straight piped cummins isn't something my customers would appreciate. So what can i do. Is the MBRP 4" turbo back system really loud? I really dont know what to look for. Want something that sounds great but isn't annoying.

·
New Mexico Chapter Vice President
1,532 Posts
well it really depends which type of cummins u want..the loudest and best sounding IMO is the 2nd gen 24 valve straight piped...it is loud but sounds really really good..but the newer ones can sound pretty good and not as loud unless u shorten the exhaust like by putting stacks...and a 2nd gen 12 valve id say sound the second best to a 2nd gen 24 valve...and a 4" turbo back will make it a little loud...but not obnoxious..it should sound pretty good on any of these trucks...but like i said..which cummins do u plan on getting?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3rd gen... 05 or 06

·
2,248 Posts
4" MBRP might be a little loud.. That is what I have right now. A 5" with a hushpower muffler will have great sound, but also keep the inside drone and noise close to stock.

·
Old Guy New Diesel Dude
16 Posts
I just put a 4" Hushpower on mine with the stock 4" exhaust and it works great. Noise is close to stock, but breathes better.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'll put in a good word for Farmboy's 5" turbo back kit with muffler. I've been running mine for almost a year. It's got a nice sound but not too loud. It's made of aluminized steel and it has held up well over the winter. I doubt you'll find a much better price anywhere.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
do any of you have sound clips of your trucks?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts